Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
11,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have this small piece of woods that is heavily used by some good deer. All the trees are way to small to hold a stand, plus I rather hunt from the ground. Thought about getting a good ground blind, but after thinking about the different wind conditions and moving the blind I didn’t want this to spook the deer.

What does a hunter do next, they order a ghost blind. I haven’t hunting out of it yet, but this thing is a ground hunters dream come true. I now have a portable light weight ground blind that can go anywhere with me.

I just need the arm to heel from surgery and I will post some reviews and photos of the ghost blind in the field as I begin to practice from it. Just hope it works, as I am really excited to try it out

·
Don't Blink!
3,144 Posts
I'm considering pulling the trigger on getting one too....most reviews are pretty positive. Want something a little more mobile than hauling the DB Matrix around.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I got one last year for my grandson to sit with me. I set it up on a very difficult piece of property because of the winds and the travel routes of deer. They come from any direction at any time. I backed us up against a large shrubbery near a small apple orchard. I never got a shot off, but most deer were completely oblivious to us being there. One doe got within 5 feet of us and didn't even know we where there. My grandson was watching out of the little site window and was very excited. Unfortunately, one older doe had us pegged pretty well. Though she was unsure what we were, she knew there was something amiss and rarely took her eyes off of us. I was never able to rise up from behind to get a shot. I had a buddy stop one day as we were hunting out of it and he couldn't believe how well camouflaged we were. He thought it was amazing. As always, play the wind right and nothing will ever know your there, well, except for that one old doe that has been around the block a few too many times. Enjoy it, and update us as to your successes/failures with it.

·
Team #12 - 2009 Winners!!
10,149 Posts
Here are 2 pics of mine in different spots - in the first pic you can see the woods are very open so I put it just in front of a couple downed trees and it literally makes you dissapear

Tree Woodland Forest Natural environment Old-growth forest
Tree Old-growth forest Forest Natural environment Nature reserve

·
Registered
spoon & crockpot proud member......killing tomorrows trophys today
31,583 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
spoon & crockpot proud member......killing tomorrows trophys today
31,583 Posts
I saw another hunting forum where guys are saying the Ghost Blind is legal for deer, just not legal for turkey. I guess the only way to know for sure if to contact the PAGC and ask them.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I got a ghost blind last year for my mule deer hunt here in Nevada and I really liked it. Never got a shot off but did have coyotes come close. The only down fall I saw with it was it was tight if my wife or a friend came with me on my hunt and it did catch the wind. So I got a second one and made a small pvc frame. Tied both together to make a bigger blind and the frame has stopped all movement from the wind. But these things are great. Couldn't even make mine out from 20 yards after I set it up and I know where it is

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.