Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
can I shoot it?
17,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After trying every possible combination of Sitka's whitetail EVII system I believe that I have come up with the perfect system that covers everything (expect downpours, still trying to find just the right pieces to work in conjunction with my other gear) with minimal overlap and waste of money. For anyone that is interested here it goes.....

Equinox Pants; team that up with a fanatic Hoodie and you are covered early on.
When temps start to drop the Stratus Bib mixed with the fanatic Hoodie and the Fanatic like jacket. Only the Bibs are windproof but they offer some nice features and the wind proofing of the front and back is almost like having a windproof vest. Plus the stratus series has a bit more insulation than the fanatic lite series with still having the ability to vent the legs.

The fanatic lite jacket and the Fanatic Hoodie will take me pretty far down in temps. especially when paired with the above mentioned bibs.

When more is needed I will add what I consider the absolutely best layering piece I have ever found and that is the Cabela's Insulated Stand Hunter baselayer with both merino and 100grams of primaloft. With that combo the stratus bibs and fanatic lite jacket pretty much replace the normal fanatic series for me.

Finally the Incinerator Bibs and the regular Fanatic jacket. The concept is the same as the Stratus Bib and Fanatic lite jacket. The incinerator bib will add that extra layer of warm as it is a bib and the Fanatic over that will take me extremely late into the season. Add the 100gr primaloft baselayer and I am all set for the worst late season 20 below sits!
Mix in some of the Fanatic and stratus and regular Sitka Beenies and gloves and I am completely covered from opening day until Jan 10.

Still finding the perfect mix and match combo for out west..... but getting closer.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I’m fairly similar, but I use the stratus jacket instead of the fanatic lite, and the stratus pants instead of the stratus bibs. I also picked up the fanatic vest and use it a ton.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
So you really like those new cabelas base layers? Im in the air weather I want to get the fleece type stand hunter or the new primaloft merino base layer.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Sounds like you did some homework through trial and error and have a season long system.... If you priced at the entire line form early season to late season, what would the entire line cost???

·
...Get Some!!!!
344 Posts
Do you have a link to the Cabelas merino/primaloft top? I found the bottoms but for some reason I can't find the top on their site.
Thanks

·
can I shoot it?
17,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you have a link to the Cabelas merino/primaloft top? I found the bottoms but for some reason I can't find the top on their site.
Thanks
Actually the tops are on sale now for only $60 I believe. Just go to Cabela’s and type in Stand Hunter in the search. They are the black tops that have Merino and Primaloft.

·
Team #9
8,908 Posts
I went with a larger size shirt because its kind of stiff at first for shooting your bow..but love the set, warmest I ever used
large shirt medium pants worked out perfect for me

·
pro deer watcher
2,335 Posts
Now how much cash do you have wrapped up in all that

·
Scout, Hunt, Kill!!!
4,282 Posts
4ID, I'm similar to your set up. I wish they would come out with a new stratus bib and I'd be able to sell my fanatic lite bibs and regular Fanatic bibs.

Equinox pant early season and I find myself wearing a merino top and the fanatic lite jacket with it down to around 60 degrees daytime high.

Below that I break out the Fanatic Lite Bibs and add the midweight mock with the lite jacket or if it is in the low 50s and windy I'll wear the fanatic vest/hoodie combo.

40s I pair the fanatic vest with the lite jacket and lite bibs.

30 and below I wear the fanatic suit.

My outer pieces are:
Equinox pants
Core lightweight hoodie
Stratus vest
Core midweight mock
Fanatic hoodie
Fanatic vest
Fanatic Lite Set
Fanatic Set

One thing I do early season is throw the stratus vest in my pack to throw on over the lightweight hoodie in the evenings if it cools off down in the 60s. Takes up a lot less space than the lite jacket and I enjoy wearing it off-season scouting/shed hunting. I got a killer deal on it or I wouldn't have it in my line up.

You're right, Sitka can be very overlapping and that gets expensive real quick. I truly hope they come out with a Stratus bib for next year, definitely the one thing the whitetail line is lacking.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I wished they would add windstopper to the fanatic lite bibs but keep the exterior the same.

My early season setup is ascent pants and merino top with the traverse zip-t. This is 60's and above

A little colder and I'll switch to the fanatic lite bibs and traverse cold weather hoody.

When it gets 40's and below I'll switch to the Celsius jacket up top and merino and core heavyweight bottom base layers with the fanatic lite bibs.

Below freezing I add the fanatic vest on top of the Celsius. I'm fixing to buy the regular fanatic bibs for 30's and below.

·
12,100 Posts
If I could add, adding the Fanatic vest to the Status set takes that combo down into the low 30’s pretty easily for me. Love the Fanatic vest, especially when I don’t want to break out the whole Fanatic suit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Mad Arrow Slinger
10,807 Posts
Actually the tops are on sale now for only $60 I believe. Just go to Cabela’s and type in Stand Hunter in the search. They are the black tops that have Merino and Primaloft.
I didn't see the top only the pants at 129.00 I believe

·
Mad Arrow Slinger
10,807 Posts
If I could add, adding the Fanatic vest to the Status set takes that combo down into the low 30’s pretty easily for me. Love the Fanatic vest, especially when I don’t want to break out the whole Fanatic suit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep exactly what I do as well.

·
Registered
17,958 Posts
And at only $5000 for it not bad. Lol

I love my Stratus, fanatic, an incinerator set. I also use the fanatic hoody and base layer in early season.

·
can I shoot it?
17,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
4ID, I'm similar to your set up. I wish they would come out with a new stratus bib and I'd be able to sell my fanatic lite bibs and regular Fanatic bibs.

Equinox pant early season and I find myself wearing a merino top and the fanatic lite jacket with it down to around 60 degrees daytime high.

Below that I break out the Fanatic Lite Bibs and add the midweight mock with the lite jacket or if it is in the low 50s and windy I'll wear the fanatic vest/hoodie combo.

40s I pair the fanatic vest with the lite jacket and lite bibs.

30 and below I wear the fanatic suit.

My outer pieces are:
Equinox pants
Core lightweight hoodie
Stratus vest
Core midweight mock
Fanatic hoodie
Fanatic vest
Fanatic Lite Set
Fanatic Set

One thing I do early season is throw the stratus vest in my pack to throw on over the lightweight hoodie in the evenings if it cools off down in the 60s. Takes up a lot less space than the lite jacket and I enjoy wearing it off-season scouting/shed hunting. I got a killer deal on it or I wouldn't have it in my line up.

You're right, Sitka can be very overlapping and that gets expensive real quick. I truly hope they come out with a Stratus bib for next year, definitely the one thing the whitetail line is lacking.
There is a reason I mentioned specifically the pieces I did. Kind of a PSA for those on the fence about buying one of the bibs or pants.
Kind of an Easter egg before the shot show and ATA show

·
Scout, Hunt, Kill!!!
4,282 Posts
There is a reason I mentioned specifically the pieces I did. Kind of a PSA for those on the fence about buying one of the bibs or pants.
Kind of an Easter egg before the shot show and ATA show
I've noticed some retailers have unloaded some of their stuff already, I figured some additions were going to be made.

I hope that Easter egg is painted in ev2.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts