Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did it. the unimaginable :cry:. I made the switch from Mathews to Hoyt. I went into the pro-shop yesterday and ordered a contender elite with 3000 limbs and cam and a half plus. I was on the fence until i took a few shots. All I could say is WOW:77:. With nothing but the rest on it, there was less vibration then my apex and the angle of the grip just makes it feel like it's part of your hand.
I just wanted to say thanks to all of the help from archerytalk for answering all of my questions.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Welcome to Hoyt domiNation. :wink:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now the hard part starts. The waiting will kill me but. Hoyt told my dealer 5-6 weeks.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Another 1 !!!! I also made the switch this year. 8 years worth of shooting Mathews all up for sale now. But brother my scores have already improved after getting into a no BS bow that fits like they say it will.

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
Welcome to the family!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tanks for the welcom. It's only been a few days and I'm feeling the itch. Don't get me wrong, mathews was great but I just never felt anything like the Hoyts. Now I just need to learn about timing the cams. That was a nice thing about mathews. One cam and no timing isues.

Is that complicated or can you just tell when the cams are off?

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Tanks for the welcom. It's only been a few days and I'm feeling the itch. Don't get me wrong, mathews was great but I just never felt anything like the Hoyts. Now I just need to learn about timing the cams. That was a nice thing about mathews. One cam and no timing isues.

Is that complicated or can you just tell when the cams are off?
......Good to hear about Your coming around....As for the Cam timing, it took me about 20 mins. to learn how it works, and how to do it....If I can learn it that quickly, anyone can...Cam rotation, and cam timing on a Hoyt is a piece of cake, read "Javi"'s sticky, and just keep track of how many twists You put in, or take out....Good Luck with the new Hoyt!..........Harperman

1 - 11 of 11 Posts