Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Banned
24,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hawke XB 30 premium crossbow scope!!!!! but right now I'm headed for the farm to get some hunting in this afternoon:) I'll get back with some information this evening. Hats off to Hawke for giving us a crossbow specific scope that has it all.

·
Vendor
5,694 Posts
Honestly....the quality is not in question, but the retical design is IMO a downgrade from the SR. The circles are great for target acquisition. I personaly would like to see them offer the SR retical as an option. Retail is in the $280 range.

Wyvern

Attachments

·
Banned
24,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I totally disagree with you on the reticle design

for a hunting scope. This scope rocks and I predict lots of other crossbow hunters will agree. Downgrade??? Hardly!:) Superb optics, range finding floating reticle and illumination puts this scope in a league of its own.

·
Vendor
5,694 Posts
Well...we are gonna dissagree on this one....alot of people are buying the SR because of the circles. I hear feedback from LOTS of people and the SR retical is prefered over crosshairs in many instances. It may be the retical you persoanly want, but it is not for everyone. The rest of the features are great, and those little crosses are a great option for those that want it, but only if they offered the SR retical as an option. I am sure it will still be a great seller and a great quality scope.

Wyvern

·
Banned
24,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Take a look at hunting scope sales

in all categories and tell me the % of circle reticles as compared to crosshair reticles. :) I contend that if the MAP was offered in an illuminated reticle at the same price of the SR, your sales numbers would be different......................but I could be wrong :)

I'm out of here. Going hunting.

·
Vendor
5,694 Posts
The percentage is irrelevant. The BDC retical for muzzeloaders is very popular and the fact that most manufacturers simply dont offer anything but a crosshair does not mean the the circles were not an improvement over traditional design. Honestly, I am sure some would rather the MAP retical illuminated over the SR, but I dont think the sales numbers would change all that dramaticaly. The circles are very popular once people see the advantages. I have no issue with this retical if it was an option to the SR style, but it is not. The superior scope only comes with this retical. If we could choose between the two that would be the best solution. The one nice thing about the circles was when the illumination was on you could still see where on the animal the arrow was going to land. With the illuminated crosshair it is the same issue as a red dot, it covers the point of impact. It is an opinion, and everyone is entitled to their own, but seeing how popular the circles have become I think that not having them as an option is a mistake
Wyvern

·
Vendor
5,694 Posts
Its not how big your pencil is its how you write your name :)

A high quality 30mm scope is better than a low quality 40mm scope, but yes, it is not a low end price range scope. No worries, the MAP and SR are still going to be around :)

Wyvern

·
Registered
574 Posts
Moon

for a hunting scope. This scope rocks and I predict lots of other crossbow hunters will agree. Downgrade??? Hardly!:) Superb optics, range finding floating reticle and illumination puts this scope in a league of its own.
I totally agree with you, no circles to clutter any of the view. The reticle design is why I opted for the Tenpoint. I would like to compare the brightness of this to the SR or Map. Footbalfan:)

·
Banned
24,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have many reasons for my opinion

and arguing them on this forum is a waste of time. I will say this though, when I start seeing deer with circular targets on their sides, I'll change my opninion. Until then, the market can decide and I'm sure Hawke will make product with reticles that are in demand. The XB 30 will be a winner for sure.

·
Registered
6,434 Posts
Its as cluttered as the ground under a red oak when acorns drop. Whats with Why not just 2 of something fer 20 & 30 yds. ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think it would be a great idea to see a crossbow scope with a range finder built right in. Make it with an external activation button that you could attach to the stock or forearm. I know it would be a little pricey but I'm sure it would be a seller.

·
Banned
24,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Photos of the XB30

on the Vortex and Strykeforce

Attachments

·
Banned
306 Posts
Big liar

I think it would be a great idea to see a crossbow scope with a range finder built right in. Make it with an external activation button that you could attach to the stock or forearm. I know it would be a little pricey but I'm sure it would be a seller.
There is a new crossbow scope coming soon that has a built in rangefinder for crossbows,
a lot like the bushnell and burris laser scopes but smaller and crossbow specific
In the 350 dollar price range,,In a 44 mm size..It will hit the market in 2010,

I have been shooting the laser sights for awhile now and its hard to beat a laser scope for yardage then select the correct milldot.

no multi reticle scope is worth anything if you pick est the wrong distance/yardage. and miss your deer/target.

The current laser scopes have to many options for crossbows and to much size and weight, the new crossbow laser sight will be just right. you can see the external laser activation button on the front of thumbhole stock and there is another button on the scope itself.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
For me and this is IMO...
the circles are the real deal... I like to see where I am going to shoot at. I don't think I like the cross hair at all on my Xbow...

if you have not gotten a chance to try the SR scopes, give a fair chance you might just like it...

again this is IMO only...

different strokes for different folks

now with the range finder built into a scope for crossbow... for under $400
SIGN ME UP...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Is it safe to say....

You get product from these folks? You go to GREAT lengths to keep your "other" Hawke post on the "front page." What gives? I don't care, but it would be nice to know your motivation for being such a promoter, and therefore be able to assess your "objectivity."

·
Banned
24,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
As a crossbow fanatic

that loves optics (worked for Zeiss for almost 30 years and retired as VP of Technical Operations in my division in the USA) my objective is to promote crossbows and related equipment....................period. If you've not noticed, I post lots of info and opinions on a wide range of crossbows. I like lots of them and own lots of them. As to crossbow optics, if you've read my posts, you will see that my opinion is that until recently there were no scopes I would even put on my crossbows but the Zeiss Z-Point reflex sight until I tried the Hawke MAP and SR. They are great scopes and I hightly recommend them. Maybe in the process, other companies will join in and offer quality optical products for crossbows. I figured your question would be coming right about now and I will not explain that on this forum. I'm in no way compensated financially by ANY crossbow or equipment company. You can "take that to the bank". BTW, what you consider as going to great lengths, for me is just fun. Get it?

·
Banned
24,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I hope to start with the XB30's features

in the next couple days. I'll explain why I like this scope, and even what I would change, for those that are interested in a premium crossbow specific scope.

·
Registered
10,677 Posts
I don't consider $280.00 bad at all.
It will be going on my next Scorpyd crossbow in 2010, unless something better comes along.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts