Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well finally got my arrows cut, and wrapped a couple days ago, and today I fletched some up. First time building my own arrows and so far it seems to be a success! Gets quite addicting where there is now season at the time!

Easton Axis 500
Onestringer Arrow wraps
Duravanes
Bohning Jig

· Registered
795 Posts
Nice wraps! do they fly ok? i've always been too scared to fletch my own arrows. I figure I'll let the guys that know how to do it do it.

· Registered
3,042 Posts
Nice wraps! do they fly ok? i've always been too scared to fletch my own arrows. I figure I'll let the guys that know how to do it do it.
personally, i'd rather build my arrows myself, start to finish. especially here, because the local shop can't do jack with arrows. i recommend that you learn, though. and what's the worst that could happen? strip them off and start again?

· Registered
902 Posts
personally, i'd rather build my arrows myself, start to finish. especially here, because the local shop can't do jack with arrows. i recommend that you learn, though. and what's the worst that could happen? strip them off and start again?
Same here, though the local shops arent that bad around me its still alot more effort to go to them and pay them to stick a few new fletchings on.
I can fletch up a new dozen arrows in an hour whilst watching a movie :thumbs_up

Those arrows do look nice =]

· Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey thanks for the replies guys! Make sure before you go to your real arrows, you practice on some others though. Helps you figure out exactly how to set the clamp and offset, etc. also, DON'T USE TO MUCH GLUE!! I figured that one out after about 6 arrows:embara: But one good thing was the first shot with these arrows, I arrowed a bird in my range. They shoot just as bit as good or better then when the shop fletched up my last dozen

· Registered
659 Posts
Know a couple guys who have those same arrows and they put white and green wraps on witha two black feathers and a lime green one..those look pretty sweet.

· Registered
4,305 Posts
Hey thanks for the replies guys! Make sure before you go to your real arrows, you practice on some others though. Helps you figure out exactly how to set the clamp and offset, etc. also, DON'T USE TO MUCH GLUE!! I figured that one out after about 6 arrows:embara: But one good thing was the first shot with these arrows, I arrowed a bird in my range. They shoot just as bit as good or better then when the shop fletched up my last dozen
Yeah, another tip for you gobbler crazy. the fletchings on those arrows won't always be even between each fletching because those arrows are so small in diameter, that they might sometimes offset. I have experience with it too. I have fletched arrows for about 2 years now and I also fletch other peoples arrows.

· Registered
712 Posts
Same here!!! I love building my own arrows...all I have to do now is get my own saw and I will be completely independent from the shop for fletching and arrow building...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.