Archery Talk Forum banner

Finally!!!

487 6
This has been a weird and slow year. By this time of year I normally have a few more in the freezer.

We finally got a cold snap and the deer were really moving around last night. Then this morning and this afternoon everything came to a standstill. I was in my stand for two and a half hours when this doe finally came by. She was the only one and when she stepped onto the trail at 37 yards I was already at full draw. She froze when I grunted at her and the arrow was on its way. She spun to the right and I think the Slick Trick glanced off the shoulder up into the spine. She went down and one more to the heart and it was a done deal.

Now the impressive part is the entry hole into the shoulder. I was blown away. This is the first year I have used them and I think I will keep them around a while.

Well I hope this turns my season around. My daughter and I will be out tomorrow and I hope she can get an opportunity.

Thanks to all of you guys and gals for keeping the pics coming to keep me motivated.

Bowtech MightyMite 71#, Sword Micro Apex, Limbdriver rest, GT 5575, Slick Trick 100 grn, Blazer Vanes, Sixty X strings.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,171 Posts
Congrats--thats gonna be yummy!!!!!!

· Registered
1,539 Posts
very nice slick head........:wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.