Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Two finger release is usually a much cleaner release than a three finger release

The main thing is to not torque the bottom finger on the string.

I shoot with a split two finger release.
I use to have a problem twisting the string with that fourth finger. That is why I drop the bottom finger.

Split finger shooter sometimes have a problem shooting too much top finger during release and shoot a little high.

Just the opposite is true of shooters that shoot two fingers under.
they may use too much bottom finger and shoot low.

You must use good firm back tension
go for a clean follow through

remember no plucking or creeping

FINGER SHOOTERS LIVE ON

·
Registered
543 Posts
If you use three fingers (split) open the bottom finger first and the other two will come with it. It is easy to hang up by opening the top finger first.
I also draw with all three and then let go of the top finger and just hold and release with the bottom two. Good luck. Both of these methods work well.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
I shoot split, 1 up 1 down. I have tried under and it does not work. For me anyway. However I have seen thois method more than I have split, with a compound. Good Luck!

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
I draw with three under and drop my ring finger when I get to anchor. I feel you get a much cleaner release and less finger pinch that with split. JMO though.

·
Registered
543 Posts
It is what we each feel the most comfortable with. I feel better pulling with the split fingers and then releasing the top one. By using a cant pich tab I have no problem with finger pinch.

·
Registered
75 Posts
ok Im wierd . I use 3 fingers under for under 40 yards. Two fingers under 40 on on out. I shoot recurves and longbow. However at most shoots be it FAA or others if you start out with two or three finger under you must shoot that way for all ranges. I hunt mostly with the longbow and find that most of the time I shoot three fingers under. as the shots here in Fl are 15-25 yds.. When shooting FAA 900 rounds & 600 rounds and FITA etc. with a recurve I shoot two fingers under. You will here all kinds of talk on what is best BUT if you get a good clean release and shoot and shoot and shoot. Use what works best for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts