Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Occam's Razor
8,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '04 Protec with accuwheels, 3000 limbs that was my indoor bow that I wish to convert to a fingers bow, mainly just for enjoyment. What is the best rest, and what sort of tab/glove are recommended these days. Cost is not of great concern.................ck

·
Time for Spots to die
2,087 Posts
Finger set up

Clayking,

Look at the Cavalier Elite tab. Then, get a cavalier button.

For the rest, the Golden Key Medalist or UltraTrac are good choices.

Welcome to the art of fingers.

Arrow

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
I find tabs to be a personal item. Try different brands if you can, and get one that suits you. I prefer AF or Gompy. You may find that you prefer a larger or smaller platform, you may also want to get a fingerspacer made to suit you.

Welcome to the art of fingers( nice one Arrow) have fun.

·
Registered
346 Posts
A rest that I use on both of my finger bows is the NAP Center Rest. It is made in a blade or a flipper style and works very well and is very easy to tune.

As for a tab I agree with Jerrytee try different ones till you find one you like. My favorite at this time is the Saunders pak tab that I can piece together to my liking.

Another thing you might want to consider to is that you will need a bit stiffer spined arrow to shoot fingers.

Enjoy!

·
Occam's Razor
8,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. And it's "welcome back" to the "art of fingers". When I got back into archery a few years ago, after a 10 year period of dragging out the bow every so often, I bought a new bow and with it all the bells and whistles of modern archery. I recall enjoying shooting with fingers, without lenses, fancy sights, and releases a whole lot more. After all, this is just week-end pleasure stuff....... :teeth: ..............ck

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Rest - NAp Center Flipper or Cavalier Free Flyte plus Lock plunger.

Tab - E. Bateman cordovan 2 under

http://www.ewbateman.com/

·
Registered
836 Posts
Rest: Cavalier Free Flyte with stiff sidearm.

Tab: Batemen #2TCD Top Finger Hole with Cordovan Face / Suede Back / Finger Spacer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts