Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a few days, my Martin Prowler SE will be delivered. It has been recommended I use a release with this 33" ATA bow. Never having used a release, I was hoping you guys could give me some recommendations as to what releases to look at.

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
two that i would recommend would be carter or scott for a good hunting release. the goose line from scott and i also shoot the carter lokjaw 2000 but the one shot and they have the newe 2 shot you could look at also. both are excellent releases. good luck
rob k

·
Registered
275 Posts
well.......you did not give us a lot of info. I will assume you are into hunting and speed.
You may want to consider a much longer ATA bow next time!!!!
But, it also important to consider DL. Do a search here on that subject. I say that because back tension is probably the single most imporant aspect of archery accuracy.
So....the release that you choose is secondary to these concepts. If you have BT, and great form, you can choose many different styles of caliper releases. Do an AT search. I believe recently true-ball and carter one shot have been popular. I shoot a Scott, but my group accuracy with it for hunting has much more to do with the other concepts mentioned.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I'm a finger shooter that has been shooting a release for just over a year. The tru ball short and sweet,tornado or scott mongoose have been very easy to use for me. I think you will like any one of these.

·
washed up wannabe
12,236 Posts
As a guy that switched to release this year after over 12 years with fingers I highly recommend the Winn C-12 freeflight release. You actually let go of the trigger to fire, rather than pull the trigger like on the aforementioned releases. It was an easy transition for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts