Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
hey ho,too short ata,i would stick with something longer fro finger shooting,like a hoyt anything with 3000 limbs or longer,hoyt ltd,bowtech constitution is good,older martins such as a sceptor 4 or razor are really goo as well.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Don't know a thing about this bow but looking at the picture, those cams would make me hesitant to consider it a finger bow. FWIW

·
wannabtradguy
15,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok guys. Thanks a lot for the input. I'll keep searching.

·
wannabtradguy
15,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
all the hoyts Im looking at have the cam and a half. what cam am I looking for?

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
The Hoyt Montega, great fingers bow and has Hoyt wheel cam on it. I think the last year they made them was 2009 or 2010.

·
wannabtradguy
15,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thx !! I'll see if I can find one in my price range.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
all the hoyts Im looking at have the cam and a half. what cam am I looking for?
Accu wheels, not cams, like those found on the Hoyt Vantage LTD, do yourself a favor and try one of these bows, you wont believe how smooth and forgiving these bows are.

·
wannabtradguy
15,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll try one but Im sure they are well out of my price range unless its a few years old. thx

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I'll try one but Im sure they are well out of my price range unless its a few years old. thx
There's a Vantage LTD for sale in the classifieds right now.

·
wannabtradguy
15,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thx hwy !!

I'll check it out Eric. thx man

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
thx hwy !!

I'll check it out Eric. thx man
No problem. There's a thread on here by ebutler, Vantage LTD, it's for sale in the classifieds.

·
wannabtradguy
15,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just checked ebay. They have a [email protected] for 99 cents. too bad it's not a buy it now. lmao :D

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
BOHO, what type of archery are you into?

Eric's Vantage is a fantastic target bow, but it would be way too slow for me as a 3D / Field competitor.

I'm lucky as I have a 30.5" DL, this means I can get almost anything with a 60 lb draw weight up to 300fps, provided I keep my arrows light. If I were hunting, I would have a different rig, with 70 lbs to allow me good KE with a much heavier arrow.

A lot depends on what you want to do with your bow.

·
wannabtradguy
15,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
all I do is hunt. Thats why I was hoping to find something in the not too physically heavy range and not overly long. I might end up with a Constitution but Im keeping my options open. Most of the bows I've been checking on to this point, I cant afford anyways. Who knows, I might have to go with like a Mathews MQ1 for starters. We'll see. Thanks so much for everyones help and suggestions. Please keep it coming. Im a slow learner. :)

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
The Connie is a good, fast, accurate bow, I have been shooting them since 2005; but IMO the Martin Shadowcat is an easier bow to get along with, and it will also let you get away with the odd mistake, which the Connie will not.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts

·
wannabtradguy
15,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Im really looking hard at that Shadowcat and a Connie with lots of accessories and a case that I can drive to and get. I'll just see what develops. Thanks again guys. Tom

·
wannabtradguy
15,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
for you guys that hunt, are you able to shoot the long ata bows ok from treestands or do you hunt off the ground?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts