Archery Talk Forum banner

Fingers or use a release?

534 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  mwaym
Hey everyone! I am new to the sport and am buying my first bow whch will be a Diamond Justice.:tongue:

I was wondering if I should buy a release when I buy my bow just so i can get use to using one? Is there any released i should check out?

thanks!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
6,081 Posts
Any given release is a personal choice type of thing....it was a trial & error thing for me, I don't hunt, but, do enjoy the Carter Target 4 for spots, which I found here in the classifieds!

Enjoy the new toy! :D

· Registered
106 Posts
i tried fingers when i first started but my friend lured me into using a release, which i ended up loving, it makes it alot easier to pull back the bow, theirs no tension on your fingers,

I bought a cheapo tru. ball release at a shop for 35 bucks, and it works great, its strong, easy to put on, and gets the job done for a small amount of money....

:tongue:

· Registered
43 Posts
In most cases your almost guarenteed to shoot better with a release, but I personally love the feeling of pulling the string by hand and feel like I have much more control of the bow without one. That said the best idea is to try as many as the shop will let you try (including your fingers).

· Registered
1,314 Posts
:darkbeer:Your releae is just a personal thing. You will prolly shoot better with a releae, especially since the justice is a short bow. It's only 'bout 32" ata, so finger pinch could ruin accuracy, and comfort.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.