Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Nicely done! Did you think it was easy? Is there anything I left out? Anything you can suggest to others?

Some things that you can do now.....
Notice there is just one spacer for the idler wheels. You can take this part out, go to your local hardware store (they will be white) and get the same ID/OD with a width that is half of this one. Then you can shim your rollers inwards about three narrow washers each side. I have done this on mine so that I just barely clear fletches....reasoning....I really dont know, because it had no effect on the tune, or how it shot. I just figured the narrower I get the cables the less torque on the limbs, bearings etc.... just a suggestion.

I hope you like it!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Tap the bow shoots great! I wish we could buy cams but you know how that is bin going. I swapped cams with a Friend and his bow is shooting great to.Hats off to a job well done Tap it was a great idea.:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Tap the bow shoots great! I wish we could buy cams but you know how that is bin going. I swapped cams with a Friend and his bow is shooting great to.Hats off to a job well done Tap it was a great idea.:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up
That's great news! The cam deal sure does suck! I even swallowed some pride and emailed BowTech WEEKS ago to see if there some arrangement we could arrive at......haven't heard a thing.

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
which bow is this on and cant these be purchased for a 82nd?

fine job, looks great...
These were designed for the 2009 Admiral, Captain and Sentinel. I don't think it will work on anything else. The spacing for the rollers, the bolt pattern for mounting....it's all custom made for those bows.

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
That's great news! The cam deal sure does suck! I even swallowed some pride and emailed BowTech WEEKS ago to see if there some arrangement we could arrive at......haven't heard a thing.
I guess sometimes the bridges we burn can't be rebuilt can they?

Too bad too. Looks like a nice mod.

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
Ive seen one of Tap's systems and its VERY nice!

·
Independent Joe
5,224 Posts
What's sort of funny is that a set of commander cams are $80 retail and what is BT gonna charge you for just one cam. :eek: I think that someone doesn't want this to take off. It's tough to admit that an average shooter can make a design that much better. :wink:

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
What's sort of funny is that a set of commander cams are $80 retail and what is BT gonna charge you for just one cam. :eek: I think that someone doesn't want this to take off. It's tough to admit that an average shooter can make a design that much better. :wink:
:mg: AVERAGE SHOOTER!? lol! you are right! Average a best! The cams for the CP's are invoiced at $250.00 PER CAM! I saw an invoice! I guess thats the only way Bowtech can insure they get the duds back eh?

·
Registered
6,420 Posts
Purdy sorry of Bowtech to market a flawed product and then deny you the parts to make it right. I have bought my last new Bowtech.. Anyway, glad to see you guys makin it work.. Looks nice..

·
300 or bust
13,140 Posts
tap

what about instead of pull the cables fowards (like it is now) pushing them back (like the Z7) instead?

·
Independent Joe
5,224 Posts
:mg: AVERAGE SHOOTER!? lol! you are right! Average a best! The cams for the CP's are invoiced at $250.00 PER CAM! I saw an invoice! I guess thats the only way Bowtech can insure they get the duds back eh?
250.00 per cam + 175.00 limbs + 100 strings and cables = 775.00 that means the riser only costs about 100.00. Heck buy a brand new bow and part it out and make money. LOL

The only reason for charging that much for that cam is to keep guys from making it a shoot through. A set of spiral cams for my Hoyt doesn't even come close to that. I don't think that there is a company out there that charges that much for one cam. I also don't think that there is a company out there that cares if you buy cams from them for any reason. What a load of horse pooey.

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
tap

what about instead of pull the cables fowards (like it is now) pushing them back (like the Z7) instead?
Because then it would be a Mathews and not a Bowtech! :) ;) I don't see the need. There are many could've-should've's that I have ran across. What it turned out to be is a direct bolt on, no modification easy to install and shoots GREAT product. I think I am going to be busy in 2010 when these starting winning and turning a few heads! :) At least it's my dream and I can make it as BIG as I want! ;) lol!

·
Registered
347 Posts
i hope there isnt any way bowtech could "steal" this idea on future bows?
sorry not a bowtech guy, have no idea about what they have, only by seeing how they have handled this situation.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts