Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I climbed some of my trees I plan to use for my climbing stand to check them out.Two were pine trees.after I got to where I was going to set up there were fireants coming out of the bark.I haven't had that happen on anything but pines.Has anyone else had this problem?Those of you in fireant territory be on guard.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Say it ain't so! I have never seen them in trees and always felt safe from the little &^%$#@s when perched in my stand.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They can really tear you up while trying to climb back down too!!!

·
Registered
745 Posts
I found them on a pine last year, and told several of my friends. That was the only time that I have seen them up a tree, and until now have not heard of anyone else that had that problem. Those little SOB sure will ruin a hunt!:mad:

·
Registered
146 Posts
No pines here but they go up in the oaks quite a bit. About 7 years ago we had a tremendously wet fall and I ended up hunting out of cedar trees because they were the only trees I could find that didn't have a stream of fireants up and down them. I hate those things. Of course, since they got so bad here, it's rare to see a tick anymore, so traded one pest for another.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes.we're seeing our tick population go down too.In all my scouting and stand hanging,I have only got into 2 small batches of seed ticks...Should have been many more.Like Roger said ....trading one pest for another!!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Yea, but the seed ticks don't hurt quite as bad. I don't know which is worse.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Think I had rather have the ticks.I been dealing with them for years.I can put up with them biting for a while .The fire ants require IMMEDIATE attention.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts