Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently ordered a 3 pack of firenocks for my upcoming turkey hunt. i have been trying to get some hunts on film, but sometimes the arrow is hard to see because of the speed. after reading a ton of information, i realized that the firenock was definately the best out there for what i was looking for.
i installed the first one, but thought the nock was a little tight. after installation, i realized that firenock suggests putting some bow wax on the nock. after doing this to the other two, they went in much smoother.
i shot all three and all of them lit up VERY bright. the only problem was that when i shut them off, one would not shut off. i was very discouraged because i was looking forward to the product. what i didn't realize was that when i installed the first nock, i must have damaged the nock by not using bow wax.
i sent dorge at firenock a message that saturday night and he personally called me back about twenty minutes later. he had looked my number up by pulling up my order information. he asked several questions, to figure out the problem. he did this to find out why the product failed, not to void warranty. after a very nice and personal conversation, he told me that he would send me out a new circuit and battery to cover the damaged one and he even threw in three addtional nocks. i had them three days later!! just in time for turkey season.
i felt obligated to let everyone know that in a world where businesses try to dance around warranty issues, dorge at firenock stepped up and went above and beyond even though the problem was probably my fault in the installation stage. my hats off to you dorge. with a passion for your business, you will go far. we can only hope that other businesses with follow your lead. thanks again.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Firenock

Thanks for the report. I have only ever tried one brand of lighted nocks. I won't name them since I don't want to say anything bad about any specific brand. I was very unimpressed. I have been thinking about trying the Firenocks. Your message was helpful and if I do try lighted nocks again it will be Firenocks. Thanks

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Sold me, I was considering some now I know what I'll be buying. :thumbs_up

·
Registered
495 Posts
I'm going to use illuminated nocks for the first time this year and was trying to decide which company's product to use. See no reason not to try the Firenocks. Thanks for the report...they should hook you up with some more freebies.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
I switched to Firenocks a few weeks ago and had about the same experience as you. My ignorance in reading the directions caused one to break. I got a replacement sent to me within the same week for free! Dorge has an amazing product. I will never use a different lighted nock again.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
When's the last time you were personally "called" by the guy who invented the product you were using?...I'll bet never. The Firenocks are just awesome and in a league all their own IMO. If You ever have a problem, Dorge will be on it fast to get you all squared away and ready to go again. Last time I spoke with him he told me all about the steps involved and the worldwide locations that these little babies get put together. Amazing for such a small peice of modern machinery. :thumbs_up Well worth the money if you decide to go the lighted nock route.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
A truly great company. I had a minor problem with these nocks last year (my fault it turns out) and the owner of the company called me on my cell phone and took care of the problem. He makes you feel as though you are his only customer. You have to wonder how he has the time to give everyone his personal attention but he does. I tried all the other nocks and I'm not bashing them, they all worked, but his is the best and brightest. We need to support businesses like this. They support us when we need it.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I've heard nothin' but good about the firenocks, those new vanes look interesting too. It's nice when someone actually gives a crap if your happy with their product or not.

·
Registered
7,844 Posts
i recently ordered a 3 pack of firenocks for my upcoming turkey hunt. i have been trying to get some hunts on film, but sometimes the arrow is hard to see because of the speed. after reading a ton of information, i realized that the firenock was definately the best out there for what i was looking for.
i installed the first one, but thought the nock was a little tight. after installation, i realized that firenock suggests putting some bow wax on the nock. after doing this to the other two, they went in much smoother.
i shot all three and all of them lit up VERY bright. the only problem was that when i shut them off, one would not shut off. i was very discouraged because i was looking forward to the product. what i didn't realize was that when i installed the first nock, i must have damaged the nock by not using bow wax.
i sent dorge at firenock a message that saturday night and he personally called me back about twenty minutes later. he had looked my number up by pulling up my order information. he asked several questions, to figure out the problem. he did this to find out why the product failed, not to void warranty. after a very nice and personal conversation, he told me that he would send me out a new circuit and battery to cover the damaged one and he even threw in three addtional nocks. i had them three days later!! just in time for turkey season.
i felt obligated to let everyone know that in a world where businesses try to dance around warranty issues, dorge at firenock stepped up and went above and beyond even though the problem was probably my fault in the installation stage. my hats off to you dorge. with a passion for your business, you will go far. we can only hope that other businesses with follow your lead. thanks again.
Dorge has gone out of his way more then a few times to help me out. He is a great guy and makes a great product.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts