Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i must put a plug in for firenocks. these have to be the best lighted nocks i've used. i have never had a failure. easy to shut off, as well as easy to change the battery. i like having the weighted practice nocks as well. definitely a must have product for bowhunters! you won't be disappointed.

· Registered
190 Posts
I a sure they are a good product. I am currently using Tracers and find them a terrific product. They light up when crossing the magnet and they stay lite for 90 minutes. This makes following the arrow to target easy as well as recovery.

Hope everyone ones season is going well.

Too bad work always gets in the way.

Hope to be in the field again by 2pm today!

· Registered
5,001 Posts
review/comments?

Are those above consider reviews? If so, please state so, so I would not mistaken them as comments.
What I would consider as review are as what on the links below
http://www.firenock.com/Press.htm

So far only a few takers had taken me on doing a detail review for what I have announced on the manufacturing announcements. http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=766919 I still have a few in hand. What I am looking for is may be a pictures or 2 , a "FEW" paragraphs and your thoughts on how and why you think it is better, good, bad, or need improvements in areas that I have not thought of. One liners are not reviews, but comments. samples of good reviews are from Jeff Bailey, Rodger Peck (2)... http://www.firenock.com/Press,htm

May be this would get you fire up to write. You can be one of the proud owner of one of these.

· BOW ONLY!
2,591 Posts
I wish my greens would light up green like that instead of red! That is sweet! I will be posting a review of my own!

· Registered
5,001 Posts
PERfect fit for CX Maxima

How well do they fit CX Maximas? Anyone know?
CX maxima have an Internal Diameter of 0.244" and Firenock "S" style will fit if PERFECTLY, even with the bull dog color on it. You just have to try it to appreciate it. So far this year I do not have return on ONE single pack due to dissatisfy on the product itself. Thank you.:shade:

You can always use our nock by arrow selection tool and know if we make one that will fit your arrow.

http://www.firenock.com/Productfitchart.htm

· Registered
525 Posts
Fireknock

I gotta say... I bought some firenocks for my eleven year old daughter she told me she wanted some and at first I told her they were just a gimmick. The whole lighted knock thing didnt Impress me, I never needed them you dont either. After recieving all A's on her progress reports at school I asked what would you like for a little reward for your hard work?? Well you guessed it. I helped her set everything up and into the backyard we went for some post season practice. I noticed how well the firenocks acually work and can be turned off. Arrow flight was not altered much at all and these firenocks were performing flawlessly. Thats when the problems started. For some reason Dad being myself went from shooting fifty yards went back to twenty and didnt change my sight position. It was getting close to dark at this time. My daughter and I were looking all over for my arrow when it dawned on her. Gimmick, Didnt ever need lighted knocks... She said to me Dad I have two more of the lighted knocks if you want one. Needless to say these have more purpose than just hunting and harvesting game. My daughter would recomened to anyone even her own dad.

· <--- Finally!!
2,579 Posts
Target Firenocks

I already had 3 of the original firenocks for my Maximas - they do fit great! Using them for target, because they stayed on, I kept looking at them. I recently ordered two of the style that turn off automatically and am very pleased. They shot the same as my old ones, but i could see where I hit the target and then they shut off so they were not distracting. I am definitely going to use these for 3-d this next year. I have tried a couple other styles, but these firenocks have never missed a beat. Kudos to a great product.

· Registered
5,001 Posts
How much force...

cant wait to get my hands on some.

Will they come on for my kids (youth bows)?
My daughter's 25lb alpine will turn them on. It is not the force, but how aggressive is the cam. The G force is what the system is looking for. So just try one. If it does not work, you can always send it back... I do have a 30 day no question ask return on my firenock if your purchase it from our web store. That is my some super smooth recurve, although at 60 lbs will not turn on Firenock "G" at all. I am still learning what it can and cannot do. I am at generation 8 of Firenock US made switch, and Generation 5 on the Lightning Nock Chinese made switch. This stuff is not easy, or everyone would have made it and are selling it.

· Registered
5,001 Posts
impact point adjustment

I was looking at trying these out. Does the additional weight of a Firenock cause you to have to adjust your sights or is there virtually no change in impact point?
The fact still remain that you will be adding about 15 grains to the back of your arrow. For distance about 20 yard, it is hardly noticeable. But at longer distance, is for sure. Just for that reason all Firenocks are shipped with match weights so all your arrow will weight the same. In most cases, within 20 yds a 1/4 to 3/4 in drop is the norm.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.