Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been shooting for a month now, but am really wanting to get serious about 3D shooting. So I hopped in 2 league nights earlier this week, and there was a 3D tourney in Mt. Pleasant Utah today and I went to it and shot in the hunting division. 25 targets ranging from 19-67 Yds. Two arrows per target, every shot counts. I felt I did pretty well for a rookie. I shot my first Robin Hood, unfortunately for my buddy it was his arrow :) 34yds. Pretty cool I though. it went perfectly in the arrow and stuck. Just out of the 11 pt. ring (DARN). I turned in my card at the end of the shoot, chatted with the front desk about how I will see where I end up and how far off I am from the leader (me being new to the sport), they told me I would be getting an email after everyone shoots tomorrow, so far 55 hunting class archers have shot, and they looked at my score. They asked me again how long I have been shooting. I told them just over a month, not just competition but shooting total. They told me I probably will not be receiving an email, but a check in the mail with the scores :) I had no idea I had shot that well!!!! They told me not to tell other archers I was at my first shoot, or they would prob. try to kick my A** because I am one of the top shooters there! I was shocked, I had no idea. I am so excited to see how it ends up! Amazing tournament and I cannot wait till I can shoot my next one :) Thanks for all the advice and help on here.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya they had a great course in an indoor arena, and yes for my first tournament I had to find a marked course. I am a rookie :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts