Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First 560 Field round that was shot at the NFAA nationals was Shot by Jim Quarles at Ludlow Mass. in 1972 with a Recurve Bow. How about that.

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
560 Field Round

A notable accomplishment to be sure, but this was on the old target face with larger scoring areas. No one has shot a perfect 560 Field Round on the current target face at the Nationals or any other sanctioned tournament that I know of. Dave Cousins has shot some 559's but is still looking for a 560.
Jbird

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Field Round

Has Terry Or Michelle Ragsdale ever shoot a 560?

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
Terry and one other guy shot a 560 on the hunter, but none on the field target...

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Perfect Hunter Round

There have been three Perfect Hunter rounds shot. Terry Ragsdale shot the first, Joe Kapp, and Dave Cousins shot the third one at Watkins Glen in 2004. No one has shot a perfect 560 Field round on the current target face.
Jbird

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
first 560

Jim is on this site and still shooting,(fs560) although he has gone to the dark side.( mathews) :D

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Can you all say Joe Kapp!?!?!!?!? ;) Ken

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Joe Kapp

Yea, what he said. :D

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
560 Field Round

Jbird said:
A notable accomplishment to be sure, but this was on the old target face with larger scoring areas. No one has shot a perfect 560 Field Round on the current target face at the Nationals or any other sanctioned tournament that I know of. Dave Cousins has shot some 559's but is still looking for a 560.
Jbird
JBird the 560 round that Jim Quarles shot was with a recurve bow not a compound bow this was back in 1972. also this was the first 560 shot at the National level before anyone else found out that it could be done. I guess it could be said that it was 33 years ago.

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Yep

A great accomplishment and real milestone in Field Archery.
Jbird

1 - 11 of 11 Posts