Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked op 20 ACE's pretty reasonable........now I know why they cost so much. I knew my bow was tunned decent......but to tighten a group like that........WOW.
Being used,they came with spin wings,but I use a nap 3000/standard tounge(filed down a little)
I have a Pro tuner with all tounges,but like the nap better for solid,easy adjustments.
The arrows are 520's.
Anyone out there using duravanes on these shafts?
I still have 60 meters to shoot yet this year,but have enough leeway to put on different launchers,the pro-tuner or watever you guys reccomend.
I thought using 1.8 duravanes would be the solution,but wanted to ask.
Thanks in advance...
Jerry

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
I too would look at a glue on type vane (AAE, Duravane, etc). The Spin Wings fly and group well, but are just so fragile, you will be spending a lot of time sticking them back on.

·
Archery Coach
23,291 Posts
compound FITA shooters use FLEX FLETCH more than anything else from what I have seen. I use them on some recurve arrows and National Field Champ Joe McGlynn uses flex fletch on his ACE recurve arrows too.

Its the most durable vane on the market from what I have seen.

I mostly use kurly vanes or Japanese curly K vanes myself for OR but I wouldn't on a compound

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Try These!

Jerry I would try the FF 187 Low Profile vanes. We have them on Sally's 570's and they seem to work real well. Ken

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
1.8 3D Duravanes work well on ANY shaft, and they work fine on my ACE's as well-- Groups at distance are VERY good--- when I get a chance to shoot that is!;) Good shooting, Pinwheel 12

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Flex Fletch FF 175 or 187.

I was using the FF187 on my recurve and I made some great score in FITA. On my compound it is very good and especially in heavy wind.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts