Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to try to sit all day tomorrow. I have never done this before and I want some advice on how to go about doing it and making it all day. I am pretty impatient so I don't know if I can do it but I am going to try. I have a couple sanwhichs packed and a bottle of water and a soda(my life juice). IO am taking a cushion to help my butt out a little bit and I have some games on my cell phone I can play if I get really bored. Anything else you guys can tell me about what I need?

·
Registered
972 Posts
Basically you just sit there and dont get up. Take some snacks and water/gatorade. I sometimes take some of those "5 hour energy". They will keep you alert but not jittery.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Depeding on what side of the fence you stand on when it comes to peeing out of your stand you might want to consider bringing an empty bottle! Ive never had any luck sitting all day early in the year I just sit in the morning and the last few hours of light but during the rut I love sitting all day! Good luck!

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
I sometimes just watch the woods (A pretty view helps) but sometimes I take a book. magazines are a bit unwieldy and crinkly(sp?). If you got a book in your hand-- or a cell phone, have a plan for stashing it really quickly, easily, without much movement -- thought out and tested ahead of time.

Some of us older guys take a nap or two, but only on a big stand with a good safety harness.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Food, water, book, pee bottle. Great!

Just remember that if you want to leave...you may only be 3 minutes away from seeing the biggest buck of your life!

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Food, water, book, pee bottle. Great!

Just remember that if you want to leave...you may only be 3 minutes away from seeing the biggest buck of your life!
LOL I know it. Me and my son have walkie talkies and last time we sat he kept pushen the talk button and it kept maken that irritating noise so I don't know what I should do about that but that worries me 2. I have to come up with a way to prevent that also.

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
LOL I know it. Me and my son have walkie talkies and last time we sat he kept pushen the talk button and it kept maken that irritating noise so I don't know what I should do about that but that worries me 2. I have to come up with a way to prevent that also.
you should look into getting an earpiece for your walkie-talkies ... don't want "breaker breaker, see anything dad?" scaring the deer either :)

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
Take some candy, chocolate preferably and reward yourself every two hrs. This helps to break the day and gives you something to look forward to.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
I sit on stand all day a lot.
all above advice is good. The only thing I will add. Try not to sit all day. Change it up sit for awhile stand for awhile. Just make sure you take a good look around before you move. Helps break up the long day. The early season is the toughest. The days are longer.

nap times are 8 to 9 am and 3 to 4 pm 11am to 1pm be ready for anything
earpiece for the 2-way.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Do yoga stand up and stretch. You can get nasty blood clots formed in your legs if you sit to long.

Stretch s------l------o----------w---------l--------y and take deep breaths.

Also this is gonna be weird --

But it really works

Close one nostril and breath only through the other nostril for two minutes. Then switch nostrils and repeat.

This stimulates each side of your brain your right nostril goes to your left side of the brain and vice versa. eAch side of your brain is good for processing different types of thoughts -- so if you can stimulate both sides you should come up with some intersting things to think about. Plus it keeps you awake

·
Registered
12,018 Posts
I do all day hunts almost exclusively.

Take some water, and I usually pack a bunch of chewy granola bars, or something like that. The quietest way to get to your stand for an afternoon/evening hunt is to already be there.;)

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LOL breaker breaker i never thought of the ear piece thats a good idea. TExting? I can't text on my walkie talkie and he doesnt have a cell phone. Even if we both hadd cells there is no reception where we hunt.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I do all day hunts almost exclusively.

Take some water, and I usually pack a bunch of chewy granola bars, or something like that. The quietest way to get to your stand for an afternoon/evening hunt is to already be there.;)
Dang , that makes for some long days, especially early season when its hot. Cant kill em on the couch, I know. :) Im going to do more all day sits during the rut, definitley when the air is cold. I hunt hardest starting on Halloween.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I definetly want to do it during the rut but I never have before so I figure if I can do it now when it's hot and going to be hard I should be able to do it easily come early November

·
Registered
789 Posts
If you have Motorola radios, there is a way to shut that dang ROGER beep off.

The new ones, you just select it off. The old ones, you hold down one of the buttons while turning it on (sorry as it escapes me as to which one). A quick google search will get you the answer.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My boy has a cheap Radio Shack walkie and I am using a Garmin Rino 110. I have looked through the Rino owner's manual and I don't think there is a way to shut it off unless I am missing something.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I'm off to give it a try. I hope I can make it through the day. Better yet I hope 1 of us shoots something so I don't have to sit all day. I'll let you all know tonight how it went what if anything excited happened.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts