Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this 8 point last Saturday night near LeCenter MN. My stand overlooks a huge cattail slough, with buckbrush and a narrow treeline around it. He came out of the brush and walked behind a small clump of bushes which enabled me to come to full draw. After several minutes he came out into the grass and offered me a broadside 25 yard shot. He went about 40 yards into the slough before he piled up. I am one very happy bowhunter.

Attachments

·
Registered
702 Posts
Congrats man. Very nice deer. Way to put the smack down on 'em.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Way to go man, nice buck. Nothing like that first archery deer. Awesome Job.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Congratulations!

Nice deer Joes44

The first one is very exciting.
How many years have you been bow hunting for deer?

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
You'll always remember that first deer. You did good...Congrats! I'm sure this is just the start to many more that will come through out the years :cocktail:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is my second year of bowhunting. Last year just did not see the deer until very late in the year. This year I switched from hunting the open woods to hunting the thickest stuff I could find. The deer really love those cattail sloughs. In three days of hunting I saw 4 bucks and one doe. All of last year I only saw one little buck along with quite a few does who were always out of range. It was weird even gun hunting nine of us only got one deer and only saw sevveral more last year. Looks like this will be a good year.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Nice deer. I started over last year and took my first deer with a bow in about 15 years. It had been so long since I had shot one with a bow it was like I had never done it before.
My neighbor across the road has been watching me shoot and I guess it got to him. He's never deer hunted at all before and he told me this afternoon he has decided to take up bow hunting. I took him the latest copy of the BPS archery catalog and I showed him a few things. I think he is going to BPS in Lewisville to get his stuff tomorrow. I figured since he didn't want to spend Hoyt, Mathews, Bowtech, ETC. kind of money he'd get his best deal there.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Good Job!

Still Looking for my first archery deer :sad: Sounds like you made a great shot which makes the expierience all the better! Congrats...great lookin buck by the way!

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
great shot, and I still remember my first deer as my favorite. You will never forget that one!

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Simply awesome! Great first buck! Congratulations!

·
Engee Potgieter
5,888 Posts
Congratulations! Good looking buck.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Way to Go

That's an awesome first deer I know you'll remember that hunt for a long time!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts