Archery Talk Forum banner

First ArcheryTalk Quitters check-in thread

18302 Views 671 Replies 65 Participants Last post by  jmast
The Hood is checking in and I'm a Quitter

I been taken Chantix to help me

there are some side affects with this pill and I think I may need to for go using Chantix, with the stock market dropping and my retirement disappearing, meaning I'll have to work till I die, I have started getting sueicidal(sp) thoughts:eek:

after checking in on this thread and if you want a ArcheryTalk cap, PM me your name and address....

Hoods a Quitter
and the stock market is gaining points :darkbeer:it's up 135 climbing:tongue:

That's right Quitters

There will be a mandatory check in between Oct 8 and 12th, 4 days to check in and give your status or you will be taken off the list:mad:.................

By the way, I have quit!:darkbeer:
hood
1 - 20 of 672 Posts

· Registered
3,350 Posts
Checking in. Just finished my starter pack of Chantix and will be moving into the first "quit" pack.

No suicidal thought yet. Just a little ancey because I am weaning of the nicotine.
Guys this stuff works, I am noticing that the urges to smoke are not near as strong as before.

I am quitting, slowly but surely, I am quitting.

· Registered
14,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Still going strong, be a month in a few days. I switched to a half dose of Chantix due to side effects.

Hood, are you quitting the contest or just going to stop taking Chantix?
I like the freaky thoughts, you know I can't remember the 70's:wink: I think I can handle the weir thoughts because I now where and whats making me think out of the norm.

NO! I am not dropping out.....I may not get the 2nd month of Chantix, I really think after a month of not smoking I wont need any drugs to help me contenue, I have my hound(wife) but she better be thinking about the dog, who is no longer with us......................

hood

· Registered
4,056 Posts
Checking in. Just finished my starter pack of Chantix and will be moving into the first "quit" pack.

No suicidal thought yet. Just a little ancey because I am weaning of the nicotine.
Guys this stuff works, I am noticing that the urges to smoke are not near as strong as before.

I am quitting, slowly but surely, I am quitting.
I hope that chanix don't make you have weird dreams and make you sick!

· Registered
100 Posts
Checking In if I in fact made the list. Been 4 1/2 months now with Chantix. I don't recommend stopping the Chantix early. I too felt really good and wanted to quit after the first dose, and then the second, but I was told that a lot of people feel that way and stop taking it...then start up again. I know for me, taking the pills every day sucked and it wasn't cheap as my insurance didn't cover anything, but it was well worth it in the end. Stick with it and continue the dosage for 3 months.

Yano, It's funny how insurance charges you more for being a smoker, and they want you to quit and be healthy, but they won't do a damn thing to help you quit. Sorry, had to rant for a sec.

Brian

· Registered
2,590 Posts
Checking In

Havent had one for almost two weeks now. Cravings are getting easier to deal with every day. :darkbeer:

· Registered
63 Posts
I did good the last week and a 1/2. For some reason, I bought a pack today, and didnt' realize till after 2 smokes that I remembered I was gonna quit. I guess I'm out of this then. I am waiting for my Nicorette Gum from the site someone linked up here. I might have a few more hiccups, my routine smoking is what got me. I hope the rest of you do darn good on quitting. I feel better already, specially since I coughed up 40 cartons from my lungs lol.

· Registered
10 Posts
Checkin' in. Still going strong. I went the cold turkey route and I feel great. In fact my brother lit up a smoke at work today and I had to leave the room. Never thought the smell of smoke would gag me but it sure did today.

1 - 20 of 672 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.