Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's the question. Trying to build a higher FOC arrow weighing near 500 grains, I've run the numbers through OT2 and this is what I've got.

Goldtip Pro Hunter 300 100 bh , 100 brass insert 28.5" long. 3x Vanetec HP2, 12gram nock 490 grains 17.26% FOC

Compared to;

BE carnivore 300 100 grain bh, 100 grain brass insert 28.5" long 3x vanetec HP 2, 12 gram nock, 472 grains, 17.96% FOC

I have tried looking at the 250 spines but it seems cost prohibitive to buy those big broadheads to even it out.

I know this is splitting hairs, but it's my first real arrow build and I'm stalled at this point lacking experience with both arrows/brands. Not too sure how durable the brass inserts are as well. Any inputs would be appreciated. I hunt elk hard up here in the NW but I'm trying to build a general purpose arrow for all my hunting. Thanks for any and all help.

Also, I'm shooting an Ion 69.5lbs, 29' draw

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
A black eagle zombie slayer 300 spine will get you to 500gr + I'm pretty sure with all things being equal to what you posted for the carnivore

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didnt even consider the ZS's. Not a big fan of the zombie theme, but the numbers look good. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts