Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of hard work went into this little stinker. If you care to read the whole story check it out under the javalina post on western bow hunting. Double lunged with my 80lb Nitrum 34, FMJs and 100gr RaptorTricks.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
381 Posts
Congratulations. Nice first kill.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
432 Posts
Nice! I hope to be doing the same thing in a few days. Got a left over Javelina tag that opens on the 16th. A buddy and I are going to try calling them into bow range. Should be lots of fun. What state was that? I'm in southern New Mexico. I'd love to read the story if you could post the link? Is that one of the forums here, if so I couldn't find it...

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Congrats on your first kill and I hope it is just the beginning for you!

Beautiful country and beautiful knife! Is that your own creation?

·
Registered
939 Posts
Congrats brotha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congrats on your first kill and I hope it is just the beginning for you!

Beautiful country and beautiful knife! Is that your own creation?
Thank you everyone!!! This knife is made by Jeff Baker from J.A. Baker knives out of my home town in Show Low Az. The blade is S30V and the handle is a stabilized maple wood. Made quick work of the skinning.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How was the penetration and bloodtrail?
Pentetration was a pass through, typical entry wound but gnarly exit with the RaptorTricks. Looked like the prom scene from Carrie, bloodtrail was easily tracked for the 20 yards he went. I didn't see him lay down and they camo real well into their surroundings so didn't see him till I was almost on him since I was staring at the ground following blood.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Pentetration was a pass through, typical entry wound but gnarly exit with the RaptorTricks. Looked like the prom scene from Carrie, bloodtrail was easily tracked for the 20 yards he went. I didn't see him lay down and they camo real well into their surroundings so didn't see him till I was almost on him since I was staring at the ground following blood.

Awesome man, congrats on your new bow and hunt! Just got some some raptor tricks for xmas and appreciate your feedback.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts