Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my first bow kill last night.A nice Mule deer.After follwing him to bed and waiting 2 hours about 25 yards away he got up the feed about noon.As my heart pounded , and a bad case of " Buck Fever " ,I made a bad shot,in the stomach.Spent the next 5 hours tracking and searching for him.I finelly managed to finish the job.All in all agreat first deer,and tenderloins for dinner tonight!!!

Attachments

·
74,535 Posts
Thats cool

Nice job and dont worry most of get tht buck fever from time to time.

I love the thrill

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Nice buck, is that a Ben Pearson?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Congratulations. Way to go. You'll never forget it.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
congrats, if only the rest of us could be that lucky to get a first deer like that!

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Nice buck!!

And dont worry bout the buck fever; I'm a pile of wobblin goo after shooting a buck..love the feelin!

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Nice deer, dont worry about the buck fever, it happens to me with deer period! lol

·
wannabtradguy
15,322 Posts
very nice buck. congratulations! I have a question. How long did you wait to start tracking after the stomach shot?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Guys,it feels great to get the first one.

nyturkeyduster,The bow is a High Country TSSR carbon with the Total Shooting System package.

BOHO,as there was very little blood and very open country I would follow him til he went in to cover and would try to get above and watch for him.When i would lose sight of him I would then head into the cover until I could pick up his trail and follow again.I kept this up for about 5 hours,he never did really run much,only15 - 20 yards at a time and would then walk.I figured with such a poor blood trail that I should try and stay close to watch him and get a finishing shot on him.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts