Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had some good luck this spring - got my first bird with the Shotgun - 21lb Tom. Decided to bust out the compound and have some fun. I had a Boss Tom at 30yds but would not come over the hill - gobbling his fool head off and would not give me a shot. Suddenly, 4 jakes come from behind me at about 25 feet and the leader jumps on my decoy and starts beating the hell out of it. I decided to take a chance and got him at just under 20yds with the APA. He went about 20 feet. The Grim Reaper did a great job. There's three more jakes and one big Tom left for next year....what a thrill to be so close!

I love bowhunting!!!!!

//www.archerytalk.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=778736&stc=1&d=1273454687[/url]
smaller100_4126.jpg

//www.archerytalk.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=778728&stc=1&d=1273454203
Junior and the Jake.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
Congrats on the bowkill man!!! :shade:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks ALL!!

Not bad for a Canuck:D
Yep - we do more than just play hockey up here! Heh heh!! (Sorry 'bout that Olympic gold game...) :)

Funny thing - in Ontario, where I live, our wild turkey population disappeared over the years (long ago) from poor habitat and bad management. We traded a bunch of moose to Michigan (I think) for some turkeys and began a wild turkey re-introduction program about 10 or more years ago (?) and now we have great populations all over S.Ontario. It is a fantastic story of good management and support from hunters advocacy groups.

·
Beer Whisperer
11,216 Posts
Whoot Whoot.....Congrats on the 1st archery bird.

·
Premium Member
26,863 Posts
Nice Work, i am doing the same shot a Jake with the Shotgun and now im just taking the bow with me,Great Job With the Bird!!We have done a Great job re-introducing the Turkeys here in Ontario!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts