Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys. I’m looking to buy a bow press. I want to start doing all my work myself. Not many shops in my area and forget the box stores. I’m not new to archery at all. Been shooting for 20 years. Looking for something simple and easy to use. Thanks!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I just bought the last chance ez press and love it. Could've bought the ez green and saved some money but the wheel is pretty nice when changing from short ata to long

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
164 Posts
Bowmaster is most affordable and fairly simple to use.
Used mine on first bow with no issue. With that said, I wish
I had just saved the money and bought an EZ green from the
start. You're gonna be in and out of it frequently for tuning.
Got mine from Fulcrum for roughly $375 and they do pop
up in classifieds. A must if you're doing all your work.

·
wolfey
4,120 Posts
I used a portable press for like 10 years just to tune my bow and my brothers bow and it worked ok but was slow. Just bought an ez press with wall mount and glad I did. Now retuning after string changes will be way faster.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I got the ez green and added the wheel and a archery design drawboard and lca bow vice. Been doing mine and a friends bows for five years now.

Lucky

·
Registered
50,380 Posts
Last Chance, aany of their presses, bar nobody. Portable presses that are recommend are for quick minor field fixes when a real press is not available.

·
Registered
23,273 Posts
I am very satisified with my BTM press, but they are currently not in production. If you find a used one, you won't likely regret it.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
I also recommend any of the LCA EZ presses as far as simplicity and ease of use goes. The EZ Green is really all an individual needs with either the Archery Design or LCA drawboards. I upgraded to the EZ Deluxe which includes the wheel and allows me to pivot the press to vertical position which makes it easy to work on the string without a bow vice. Costs a bit more but I think it was worth it.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I used a Bow Master for years and it worked but was really slow and cumbersome. Four or five years ago I bought an EZ Green and that is so much better, it was a lot of money to spend for something I only use a handful of times a year but was well worth it.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
I have an EZ Green and like it a bunch.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Not sure what bow you are shooting, but just a suggestion, especially if you have a newer bow, check with you the manufacturer and see what they recommend or you may forfeit your warranty.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Another vote for the last chance presses. I have the EZ green and have never regretted that purchase!! LCA also has great customer service if need be.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Im saving for an x-press. The wife gave me permission. The ez-press will become a spare that friends can use when im busy with mine. Or my close friends csn borrow it when need be 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
56 Posts
I also recommend any of the LCA EZ presses as far as simplicity and ease of use goes. The EZ Green is really all an individual needs with either the Archery Design or LCA drawboards. I upgraded to the EZ Deluxe which includes the wheel and allows me to pivot the press to vertical position which makes it easy to work on the string without a bow vice. Costs a bit more but I think it was worth it.
My thoughts exactly. The EZ Green would have been fine but having the Deluxe with drawboard mounted to a 10 drawer tool chest gives me storage, press, vice and drawboard all in one compact unit. My bank account hated me for it but "oh well". Buy once cry once as they say.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts