Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Just as the title says, need help with picking an affordable complete bow ($275 - $350) and a bow that would be an excellent first choice. I would like a Hoyt or Bear, its something about those bows that just catches my attention. Thanks and cant wait to see you guys suggestion.

·
Registered
250 Posts

Hard to go wrong with this for a first bow... it is currently in the classifieds section here and he is down to $375 shipped to your door. Might be able to wheel and deal a little more and get an even better deal on a good ready to shoot bow.

·
Registered
13,750 Posts
first and foremost I would not suggest a used bow for your first, especially if your buying it off the internet you can probably find a new bow from last years models get a warranty and a new bow and not someone else's problem they are getting rid of,,,, do not buy a bow you can not shoot first,,,,

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats mostly what im looking for, old models. Thanks xman59

·
Registered
250 Posts
Great advice, pay more for your very first bow to learn on. Hell with saving money buying a nice used bow. Not everyone is out to scam someone, find a good deal, pay with PayPal, enjoy cheap fun. And besides, new bow for under 350.00? Even if it is last years model, good luck.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great advice, pay more for your very first bow to learn on. Hell with saving money buying a nice used bow. Not everyone is out to scam someone, find a good deal, pay with PayPal, enjoy cheap fun. And besides, new bow for under 350.00? Even if it is last years model, good luck.
What Price range you might suggest? I would like a complete bow but if I cant idk when im going to get the rest of my accessories such as my arrows, scope etc

·
Registered
250 Posts
Your price range isn't too terrible if you're looking for a used bow like the bow I posted above. 275 is getting fairly low though, wouldn't expect to get much with that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll go up to 450 to 500 but it will take me more time than anticipated. But good things come to those who wait. Who knows I might get a kick ass bow, just going to be a late Christmas gift.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts