Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Diamond Archery Edge SB1

Votes: 7 46.7%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy my first ever bow. I initially am going to do target shooting, but eventually want to get into hunting. I am a Right handed Shooter, but Left Eye Dominant. But I have heard you should go with your eye dominance, since the parallax effect can mess up your shot. I am currently looking at the PSE Stinger Extreme, Hoyt Powermax LD, PSE Infinity, PSE Bow Madness Unleashed, and the Diamond Archery Edge SB1. Out of these, does anyone have any advice on what would be the best first time bow for someone like me? I have a 6'5"-6'6" wingspan, and am 6'2.5" tall. One other thing that may help with the dominance, is that I write with my right hand, and do everything with my right arm: Swing a bat, Golf Club, Bowl with my right hand, etc, so it is much stronger than my left. With this information what advice can you guys give me?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I say find a pro shop that is willing to let you try whatever they have and take the time to show you a thing or two. It doesn't matter what bow you get if you don't like it and if you don't have anyone to help you. Maybe it will save you some trouble down the road and you will not feel like your missing out on other bows.

·
C:\My Documents\My Pictur
22,927 Posts
I am looking to buy my first ever bow. I initially am going to do target shooting, but eventually want to get into hunting. I am a Right handed Shooter, but Left Eye Dominant. But I have heard you should go with your eye dominance, since the parallax effect can mess up your shot. I am currently looking at the PSE Stinger Extreme, Hoyt Powermax LD, PSE Infinity, PSE Bow Madness Unleashed, and the Diamond Archery Edge SB1. Out of these, does anyone have any advice on what would be the best first time bow for someone like me? I have a 6'5"-6'6" wingspan, and am 6'2.5" tall. One other thing that may help with the dominance, is that I write with my right hand, and do everything with my right arm: Swing a bat, Golf Club, Bowl with my right hand, etc, so it is much stronger than my left. With this information what advice can you guys give me?
Hello
Being your first bow. Hope you consider poundage. Where as you can shoot more and its still fun.
Don't see my choice bow in your line up [ Later

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
You really need to go and shoot some of these. You may not like any of them at all. I would try a R/H bow and see how it works for you. Simply for the fact lefties are hard to find. My wife is left eye dominate but is right handed also, she tried a left hand bow, and didn't like it at all, she also shoots guns right handed. Some shoot with both eyes open, possibly another option to explore. Good Luck!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just a lil' update for you all. I ended up going with the PSE Infinity. It was an amazing deal, and for the whole package was only about 260$, and I got 6 arrows, a release, and a basic arm guard, for grand total of about 350$. Also, since I bought the bow from this specific shop, they gave me 10 free range sessions, and free tuning for life, all from a local archery shop here in Orem, Utah. It's the skull works pattern. 58933553447__861CA5E9-4F99-4545-AD67-A32AF6507196.jpg

·
Registered
851 Posts
Just a lil' update for you all. I ended up going with the PSE Infinity. It was an amazing deal, and for the whole package was only about 260$, and I got 6 arrows, a release, and a basic arm guard, for grand total of about 350$. Also, since I bought the bow from this specific shop, they gave me 10 free range sessions, and free tuning for life, all from a local archery shop here in Orem, Utah. It's the skull works pattern. View attachment 6921055
Hey, good on you. New Bow Day!! Better than christmas.

One thing I was going to mention but I'll ask now, was draw length. Honestly don't know what PSE Infinity can adjust out to but you sound you have a basketball player's frame almost.

My wingspan is 6'1" and my draw length (what has become most comfortable) is 30" on the Diamond Edge SB-1. And that's maxed. Does your Infinity go past 30"?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm a big fan of the Diamond's especially for beginners. Their adjustments for draw length and weight are so great it's super helpful for a beginner!

·
Just thwackin' it.
6,804 Posts
I'm a big fan of the Diamond's especially for beginners. Their adjustments for draw length and weight are so great it's super helpful for a beginner!
Yet they have tuning limitations, especially on the Edge SB-1 and newer binaries. You don't have room to shim the cams and you can't tune at the cable guard because it's straight and not offset. You also have a module and stop built in one, so you can't tweak the draw cycle.

Sorry, but the Stinger/Infinity platform is superior at the same price tag. You can shim it, you have yokes to tune, you can change the cable guard position, and you can adjust the stop different from the module to change the valley.

At least the Diamond's don't have the horrible rounded walls on the modules like the Mission bows do I guess.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey, good on you. New Bow Day!! Better than christmas.

One thing I was going to mention but I'll ask now, was draw length. Honestly don't know what PSE Infinity can adjust out to but you sound you have a basketball player's frame almost.

My wingspan is 6'1" and my draw length (what has become most comfortable) is 30" on the Diamond Edge SB-1. And that's maxed. Does your Infinity go past 30"?
It goes to 30.5” draw length maxed, which is what I have it at

1 - 13 of 13 Posts