Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
I think the stories are the best. Have you got a story? I'd especially like to know about the Tekan performance.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Story...

Congrats!!! Lets here the story! I would like to hear about the Tekan also. Where did you hit it what did it do inside and how far did it travel.

Thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
Bowtech baby!!
5,702 Posts
Yup, congrats, the first one is the best. Not the biggest, not the longest shot,not the highest climb, not the most difficult shot.

Just the best.

·
74,535 Posts
Good job

Always remember that first one. Nothing like the thrill of harvesting a deer with bow.;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Story

Well, lets see it started early Sunday morning at my parents house in Tenn. I hunt the property across the street so I got ready on the front porch and started my walk it's only about a 500 yard walk to my stand so I get about 50 yards from my stand and felt of my pocket and Oh No I forgot my release *@#%*@#% so turn around and walk back did I forget to say 200 yards of that walk is through a @*#@*#@ swamp so I get back get my release.And it's getting light so I start walking down the road and cut the swamp out I dont like going in this way in fear of scaring the deer, so I make it about 40 yards from my stand and guess what there they are standing on the edge of the field in the shooting lanes I cut for my stand. So I kneeled down took my turkey vest off and eased up within 35 yards look down sight pins are not bright enough plenty of light in the field but not under the canopy of leaves so turned on the sight light and here we go, she was walking down the fince row so I drew back and when she got clear I stoped her settled the pin and released, I seen the arrow go in and heard the rib brake she ran about 30 to 40 yards to a thicket in the middle of the field so I watched her for a few minutes second guessing where I hit her so I eased out and went back to my parents. About an hour later me my son Noah he's 3 and my dad came back we went to where I shot her no blood and no arrow then we went to the thicket no deer this was killing me we looked up and there she was 30 yards from the thicket man that was awsome I went nuts I'm not even going to lie about it I had a couple of tears come out I've worked so hard for 2 years trying to do this and it finally happend I was so happy and be able to share it with my son and my dad made it that much better. As for the Tekan it done it's job massive wounds inside and out through the ribs on both sides like butter, never did find the arrow she filled up with blood inside thats why we couldnt find any on the ground all in all the day started out bad but ended up being awsome. Thanks for the replies and here is a couple more pics.

Note to self 3 year olds dont like the gutting part.

Hoyt Cybertech 74#
DropeZone Rest
Cooper John Dead Nuts Pro Sight
CX300 Arrows
100GR TEKAN Broadheads
Little Goose Release

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.