Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have been in the woods a few times since I returned from deployment. We havent seen too many deer, only killing one young doe. Anyway this past friday the temps dropped down and I had a rare friday of work, so I went and checked my son out of school. We got home around 2:30 he got him a snack and we changed clothes for our hunt. We have had a stand up on the food plot for the last couple of years, but never get to see the fruits of the plot. All of our trail cam pics are at night. I placed a blind about 75 yds behind the ladder stand in a cluster of trees. There are cut paths to the left, right, and front of the blind. The paths were cut 2years ago and havent been touched since. We got out in the wood around 3:15 and about 3:45 he shows up offering a quarting to shot. He was thrilled to say the least.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Congratulations!!! He looks happy!

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Grats to each of you, he looks pretty happy from here :wink:

·
Registered
5,634 Posts
awesome!:thumb:

·
Registered
368 Posts
awesome! Still waiting for that memory with my boy, Congrats!!!!

·
Classifieds Administrator
39,204 Posts
That is awesome! Congratulations and thank you so much for your service to our country. May God Bless you and your family!

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Great time for the two of you!!!! Congrats.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
congrats to you and your son. Thanks for the service also, without you we would not be able to hunt.

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
Awesome job!!! Congrats on a hunt shared with your son!!!

·
Registered
10,655 Posts
Excellent, his look says it all.

Welecome back Marine and congrats to your sons sucess.

1SG RM
Silenthntr.

·
Bowhunt/Homebrew have FUN
23,689 Posts
My Son Tyler....

My 6-year old was “mortified” this year – it was his third stand sit with me and on each occasion we had deer in range – however on this night a big 10-point that we had named Top-Hat was approaching – at about 45-yards – my son pointed to the trail where he thought Top-Hat would pass by our stand – yep, you guessed it; buck locked in on us up in the stand – my son got a first hand taste of the ninja-like stealth skills that us bow hunters are required to perfect…….lots’ of damage control on that one – I had to tell him that the buck saw me grab the bow (even though it was in my hand) – you dads know how that goes. He quickly forgot about it when a few doe came to within 5 feet of the tree.

Sure hope he gets his strength up a little so he can effectively shoot his rig. Once that happens he will surely be dangerous to the herd.

Top-Hat......

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It will stay with us for a very long time, it was a goal to shot a decent buck with him this year. It seemed like that was what he talked the most while I was gone. Thanks for all the kind words fellas.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts