Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i got this buck last septmber opening day of archery season by us wich was sept. 18. i let 6 other bucks go by before shooting him beggest being a young 7 pointer. i saw one real nice 8 pointer that i would have taken but i did not come out from behind me so i never could let an arrow go.
When i shot this buck it was starting to get dark on me and there was a fawn on one of my apple trees i was gettin ready to shoot but then he stepped out from behind me and an 8 pointer followed behind. he sat rite behinf me tree at 5 yards where i couldnt get a shot for 2 min. then he finalyl steped into a lane and i stuk an arrow rite behind his shoulder and it came out the front of his other shoulder. made pope and young and it was my first buck ever.

·
Team #12 - 2009 Winners!!
10,149 Posts
very very nice deer indeed.... any deer with a bow is a trophy but that is deff a NICE one

·
Registered
66 Posts
Fantastic buck !!! my first was a young 9 pointer, not a mature deer like yours is. Congratulations on an awesome deer.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
nice buck. sounds like you are in a good spot if you passed that many on opeining day. good luck from here on out.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Awesome buck

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Way to go,that's a nice one!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts