Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Bloody Arrow = Happiness!
5,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made contact with the first deer of the 2020 season. Got a good solid broadside hit on a doe this morning. I was disappointed in the Buick’s performance. I got zero penetration and no blood trail. I am thinking I need to increase my feet per second to get better results. 58.6 feet per second/40 mph wasn't enough. I could also put more weight up front to increase the FOC.
(I had dodged this same deer 4 times in the same spot this winter. Today her and I finally made contact. After the impact the deer was nowhere to be found).

Attachments

·
Registered
28,225 Posts
I made contact with the first deer of the 2020 season. Got a good solid broadside hit on a doe this morning. I was disappointed in the Buick’s performance. I got zero penetration and no blood trail. I am thinking I need to increase my feet per second to get better results. 58.6 feet per second/40 mph wasn't enough. I could also put more weight up front to increase the FOC.
(I had dodged this same deer 4 times in the same spot this winter. Today her and I finally made contact. After the impact the deer was nowhere to be found).
LOL!!!! Might need to go with a COC grille instead.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Yep this is why i don’t shoot mechanicals..

·
Uncredible
1,935 Posts
There is gonna be some guy in the dirty south standing over a doe this fall with a queer look on his face trying to reconcile his mind to the Buick emblem tattoo'd on his deer :wink:

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
Get yourself a good old British Aston Martin..... The bugger won't get away then.

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
238 Posts
That edge looks a little rounded, you need the sharpen a better cutting edge on there.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
"Shock n Awe"
3,683 Posts
Unbelievable that you are chasing deer in a Buick..
My Chevy put my buck down on the spot

·
Registered
7,648 Posts
I've hit 3, one demolished my mini van 2 years ago, 14 grand in damage! I had a pickup truck hit 2 deer during the rut this year around noon time, in front of me a 1/4 mile. The doe was demolished all over the road & the buck was inbedded into the grill when I slowly rolled by as the driver stood their in shock staring at the deer hanging inside his front grill. Crazy!

·
Registered
10,387 Posts
Not enough FOC.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts