Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
PSE Spyder, PSE Chaos, Barnett Recruit
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have been at this awhile! I have had alot of close encounters and missed opportunities, but I finally harvested a deer. I have nicknamed him Tall Boy. It was only about a 15 yard shot, and he went about 75 yards before crashing. My shot hit one lung and the heart. He weighed about 225# live, 180# field-dressed. I checked him at the local archery shop that sold me my bow, and boy was the owner tickled! He said I should've warned him my buck was this nice, because his old heart had a tough time dealing with my surprise. He said it was the heaviest deer he's checked so far, and entered him in his big buck contest for a free mount.

BTW the hanging photo was taken late the night I harvested him, even tho it isn't very dignified for the deer, my husband said I needed to show the photo cause it shows "true emotion". We staged a formal pose the next day in order to truly honor his memory.

Thank you,
And good luck to all!

My bow is a PSE Spyder Rimfire, 48# draw weight, 24" draw length

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
The taxidermy man gonna have a heart attack when he sees what you bring him. Congrats. I'm glad you didn't get discouraged and kept with it. I bagged one this past weekend, and I had an eleven year dry spell between deer, but I didn't hunt 5 or 6 of those seasons.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Congrats on a great buck! Glad you have stuck with it. You are truely deserving of a trophy buck.

·
Registered
18,691 Posts
Very nice Lady!!! Congrats to you, that is a wonderful trophy. :thumb:

·
G5 killing machine
4,832 Posts
Awesome deer you got there. Do you know what he scored? Thats going to be one nice mount, thats for sure. Thanks for sharing the pictures with us.
Lisa

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
WOW congrats!! I would say he was DEFINITELY worth the wait! All of the time spent out there just waiting has finally paid off. I hope to get a buck as nice as that some day!

·
Registered
8,485 Posts
WOW!!!! Congrats:)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Nice!!!

All I can say is WOW!!

He is a beauty! Well deserved!
Congratulations and thanks for sharing him with us!
Way to go! :teeth:

·
Registered
305 Posts
OMG...:mg: I'd say you hit the mother load there. Congrats just doesn't seem to say enough. I love your additude and you should be proud of yourself for staying in the woods, it paid off. And your respect for your harvest shows. I would have loved to have seen the look on your hubbys face when he laid his eyes on that Buck.
Way to go.

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
Gotta say if it took 7 years then it was well worth it.....that was just six years of learning and having peace in the woods.......

CONGRATS!!!!!!

·
Registered
PSE Spyder, PSE Chaos, Barnett Recruit
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you all for the comments. Just for curiousity I may find a P&Y measurer to look him over. I don't have a clue on these things. But all I can say is I think he's pretty and that's all that matters to me. :wink:
Good hunting to all this season!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts