Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heavy rain last night shot doe at 7:36 at 20 some yds with rage broadhead.complete pass through.went 41 yds.shot through both lungs.meat on the table.i have never seen a deer leave so much blood on the ground an i have killed alot of deer.but not that much blood.deer grazing in clover field.had a shot at a 8 point buck at 40 some yds but passed it up for a niece fat doe.i love my barnett jackal.an red dot scope.shot the doe in steady rain an some wind.the arrow flew straight an true.shot out of a ladder stand 16 feet off the ground.that crossbow shoots fast enought for me.would i shoot 30 yds maybe if every thing was perfect.seen alot of turkeys an 5 deer.hunted over 3 hours in a stand.grear hunt for an old man.

·
Banned
24,135 Posts
KF, congrats on your deer! :) Meat on the table:)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Kinkfeather,

Congrats on your first pounds of venison for the season. Backstraps......mmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
Congratulations ...

·
Registered
990 Posts
Good Food, It pays to be out there when the weather isn't good for man or beast. Do you butcher this fine fare yourself or let some other people take the pride? I do the whole deal myself.....to the table. I've done the butcher thing.... Get back hair or maybe not even your deer. and bone chips..I take pride in debonning, getting rid of all fat, nylon, and hair........vacuuming sealing and eating the finest meat in the world. Can't wait for a chance....Congrads.......

·
Registered
339 Posts
Congrats on your slick head!!!!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no one touches my venison but me.debone my meat.cut butter fly steaks is my game.love to cook it on the grill country butter a dash of lemon pepper bast top flip in one minute bast again an again an again until medium rear ho i am getting hungryyy.vension bologna have you tryed it with spices in it ho so gooood.summer sausage venison i love it.take butter fly stakes soak them in donald duck orange juice over night drain off do not wash off.roll them egg then in flour put 3 slices of beacon on top cook in skillet to your own taste.i could go on an on how to cook venison.so you undersyand why i am a meat hunter an not a trophy hunter.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Congrats on a nice kill!!
God Bless,
Mark

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
That's great to hear. I'm looking for a fat doe too. Legal bucks where I hunt at are hard to find.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I will be in the stand tomorrow after getting 300 pictures of does in 3 days. I hope they show up in the morning. If they do, I suspect I'll have a deer(s) down at 6:30 a.m. tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts