Archery Talk Forum banner

First deer

1382 31
Organism

This is my first deer. Shot it on Friday around 7pm just northwet of Sundre, Alberta. It was a 35 yard shot, came accross it driving back to camp. Went in through the leg and came out about a third or so back. Went maybe 50 yards. Success goes to my PSE Brute, CF arrows, and good ol' Muzzy MX3 100gr broadheads :). Unfortunately I had the hide drying in my backyard on Sunday and when I woke up on Monday, it was gone. I guess some coyotes hauled it off into the golf course. Anywho very happy, and it gave us 6 or 7 roasts, a nice amount of steaks and lots of sausage meat.

Sorry for the bad picture quality, it was taken on my friends cell phone with a Maglight Mini lighting things up...my dad forgot his camera.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
1,140 Posts
Nice!

Hey! CONGRATS on a Nice Doe! Well done! Now go get that big boy!

· Registered
36,987 Posts
Congrats on your 1st ....

· JB WELD PRO STAFFER
13,674 Posts
Way to go that first is very addicting and will make you ALMOST quit using the rifle!

I am also a big BRUTE fan! THE BEST BOW FOR UNDER 500$ Congrats again and keep feeding your brute it gets better with every meal:darkbeer:

· Registered
7,438 Posts
Congrats

· Registered
160 Posts
good job bud.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.