Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my first deer with a bow, it isn't a big buck but I'm still super pumped. I was watching a couple does mill around when a small buck appeared and started towards a shooting lane that I had just used the archer ranger on. I was a bit bored so I started rangeing trees all around my stand, thankfully because this deer came around and I thought he might, and he did. I saw the target and let it rip. He went 40 yards and laid under a tree. Of course being a rookie, I got out of the stand after 30 minutes. Bad idea, deer jumped up and ran off into the field. Decided to wait a couple of hours, this was hard considering it was almost 70 degrees, picked up a couple of blood trails and found the deer dead 200 yards from where it was shot. The shot was alittle back but the main lesson I will remember from this is to wait a couple of hours before trying to find the deer. Let them be and if its a good shot they will expire. All those days at the range and working the land were worth it.

Thanks for all of your help and advise!

· Registered
36,987 Posts
Congrats on your 1st

· wannabtradguy
15,328 Posts
good job! looks like a liver shot. deadly but usually takes an hour or two. congrats on your first bow kill.

· Classifieds Administrator
39,607 Posts
Congratulations on the first of many in your hunting career! :wink:

· Registered
517 Posts
Just add one more addict to the list! Congrats on the nice buck! Here's hoping you shoot many more! :darkbeer:

· Registered
7,438 Posts
congrats

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.