Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shot this year and a half old doe last night. 40 yards quartering away shot..Went through both lungs and entered the offside shoulder, not passing through. She didn't take a step. Part of an extensive management program employed by the farmer to help preserve his crops. Either way this is just the start to a hopefully successful season. I see no better way to start it off than to help the deer herd as well as the farmer, who happens to be a very close friend. :darkbeer: :thumbs_up

BTW..I apologize for the poor picture..It was getting late and we needed to get her field dressed and home to get skinned..Good start to archery season anyway...The Ole' Trykon XL strikes again...

Attachments

·
Registered
12,018 Posts
Very nice. :)

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Congratulations...Hoping to shoot a slick head this weekend myself...!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Congrats..

Nice start...hope to take my first bow deer this season...slick head or not:wink:

·
Registered
162 Posts
double lunged backstraps

I take it by your smile in the pic that you were already looking forward to venison skewers on the grill. Great start to your season...

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Congrats!!!!

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
CONGRATS on the Doe and thanks for doing your part of QDM. :thumbs_up

·
Extreme Opinionated One
44,331 Posts
Good job on the doe. I've never had one pileup right on the spot. Mine always manage to run 50 or 80 yards before they crash out.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Nice doe, congrats.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts