Archery Talk Forum banner

101 - 120 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Funny you feel your opinion is so highly regarded and mine is not. It is a known fact which penetrates best yet the fan boys are first to try and refute those facts. Carry on.
You must not read. I NEVER said it penetrates better. Common sense says a small fixed will out penetrate a large 2" Rage BUT most of todays bows have more than enough power to get more than enough penetration on Whitetails. Also, my observations are FACT as I have seen it 1st hand on the 100's of animals that I (and friends) have shot with Rage. That's not an opinion!!

·
Registered
432 Posts
When them big blades slap open with a lightish arrow on any sort of a steep angle it’s a guessing game to which way the arrow will deflect to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You guys that throw this crap out there that never use them. 100's of animals between me and a couple friends and never an issue.......that you claim!

·
Vendor
10,767 Posts

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
So, what did you use them on, and what was the result?
Deer. Killed all but one and did fine on most.
Quarter away entrance that should’ve embedded in the far shoulder but clipped one lung, hit liver and exited guts. Deer was head up staring at me 4hrs later, backed out recovered in morning.
Slight quarter to hit a little close to shoulder blade wrapped around bone and bounced off. That was the last time. Killed that deer 2 months later with a slick trick. Didn’t go 30yd and busted the offside shoulder same bow same arrow.
Both bad examples were heavyweight mature bucks. Both eventually dead and on my wall with no guessing what happened.

·
Registered
12,061 Posts
You guys that throw this crap out there that never use them. 100's of animals between me and a couple friends and never an issue.......that you claim!
have you and your friends shot anything with rage heads? 🤣

you should just add this reply to your sig line so you don't have to type it out every time you make a reply on this site💡

·
Registered
432 Posts
Deer. Killed all but one and did fine on most.
Quarter away entrance that should’ve embedded in the far shoulder but clipped one lung, hit liver and exited guts. Deer was head up staring at me 4hrs later, backed out recovered in morning.
Slight quarter to hit a little close to shoulder blade wrapped around bone and bounced off. That was the last time. Killed that deer 2 months later with a slick trick. Didn’t go 30yd and busted the offside shoulder same bow same arrow.
Both bad examples were heavyweight mature bucks. Both eventually dead and on my wall with no guessing what happened.

So you shot a deer quartering away and hit liver an lung but exited out the guts?????? Where was the entrance? Because what your're saying is the arrow went through the liver, hit a lung, turned 180 degrees and then exited the guts. Really????

Second deer you claim hit shoulder bone and bounced off. Sounds like a bad shot!! Because any BH hitting the heavy bone of the shoulder can get little to no penetration. I shot a mature buck in Iowa using a Muzzy that hit the heavy bone of the shoulder and literally got 2" of penetration and the arrow came right back out (what you call bounced off). I never once blamed the BH or ripped Muzzy BH's. I took responsibilty that I made a bad shot, MY FAULT, not the BH.

·
Registered
432 Posts
have you and your friends shot anything with rage heads? 🤣

you should just add this reply to your sig line so you don't have to type it out every time you make a reply on this site💡
Maybe I should because it seems strange that we could shoot 100's of animals without issues and a few guys on here claim issues when 99% of the time it's shooter error and not the BH but they claim it was the BH. It seems some hunters on here need to man up and blame themselves for a bad shot and not the easy way out in blaming the BH (especially Rage). People need to grow up and take responsibility and stop making excuses.

·
Registered
12,061 Posts
Maybe I should because it seems strange that we could shoot 100's of animals without issues and a few guys on here claim issues when 99% of the time it's shooter error and not the BH but they claim it was the BH. It seems some hunters on here need to man up and blame themselves for a bad shot and not the easy way out in blaming the BH (especially Rage). People need to grow up and take responsibility and stop making excuses.
you could also quit being so sensitive, shoot what you like, and not worry about what people on the internet say about it.... i think you are a little too emotionally invested in rage heads. if you like them and have good luck with them, you don't need to stand on the roof tops letting the whole world know how good they are, just keep shooting them, and accept that despite your good luck, lots of people have had bad luck too with them.

you value your opinion, but don't value the opinion of others, and get upset because others don't value your opinion.... it's going in circles here. there is no winning that. just shoot what you like and don't worry about it.... that's all you can do.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
So you shot a deer quartering away and hit liver an lung but exited out the guts?????? Where was the entrance? Because what your're saying is the arrow went through the liver, hit a lung, turned 180 degrees and then exited the guts. Really????

Second deer you claim hit shoulder bone and bounced off. Sounds like a bad shot!! Because any BH hitting the heavy bone of the shoulder can get little to no penetration. I shot a mature buck in Iowa using a Muzzy that hit the heavy bone of the shoulder and literally got 2" of penetration and the arrow came right back out (what you call bounced off). I never once blamed the BH or ripped Muzzy BH's. I took responsibilty that I made a bad shot, MY FAULT, not the BH.
No the arrow did not turn 180 degrees. Take your time and think about that;) it’s all right I got time.... haha

And yes I said I hit a little to close to the shoulder and the arrow literally bounce off. Point never touched bone. 1” back dead deer. Broadhead goes in like this | instead of this — dead deer.
I’ll continue to know they’re junk and you’ll continue to believe you and your friends are killing 100s of deer with zero issues.

Show me anyone or any group that claim they’ve shot 100s of animals with anything and not had one single issue I’ll show you a liar or a group of liars

·
Registered
432 Posts
you could also quit being so sensitive, shoot what you like, and not worry about what people on the internet say about it.... i think you are a little too emotionally invested in rage heads. if you like them and have good luck with them, you don't need to stand on the roof tops letting the whole world know how good they are, just keep shooting them, and accept that despite your good luck, lots of people have had bad luck too with them.

you value your opinion, but don't value the opinion of others, and get upset because others don't value your opinion.... it's going in circles here. there is no winning that. just shoot what you like and don't worry about it.... that's all you can do.
I have said 100's of times on here to shoot what you want, fixed or mechanical and never said that you need to or should be shooting Rage. I am not stating opinion when I have seen what they have done 1st hand on 100's of animals. That is FACT! Maybe some on here have had a bad experience with a Rage or different BH but again 99% of the time it is shooter error, NOT THE BH!! And when certain guys continue to come on here because of SHOOTER ERROR and blame the BH I am going to call them out. They need to get over their bad shot and move on and stop blaming Rage or any other BH for their mistake! That is what I am saying. Did I bash Muzzy when I hit they heavy bone of the shoulder and had the arrow fall out after 2" of penetration? NO I blamed myself.

I don't think they understand that crazy things can happen when shooting a deer with archery. Deer are moving, dropping, twisting, turning on impact a lot of the times and ***t happens that can't be explained but again 99% of the time it is the shooter, NOT THE BH!

·
Registered
432 Posts
No the arrow did not turn 180 degrees. Take your time and think about that;) it’s all right I got time.... haha

And yes I said I hit a little to close to the shoulder and the arrow literally bounce off. Point never touched bone. 1” back dead deer. Broadhead goes in like this | instead of this — dead deer.
I’ll continue to know they’re junk and you’ll continue to believe you and your friends are killing 100s of deer with zero issues.

Show me anyone or any group that claim they’ve shot 100s of animals with anything and not had one single issue I’ll show you a liar or a group of liars

Now you're just sounding foolish. BH bounced off and didn't hit bone?

Also, what issue would or should I have??? Or why do I have to have an issue?

·
Registered
320 Posts

Seriously though broadhead debate aside how did you get lung, liver, guts (in that order) on a quartering away shot?

·
Registered
12,061 Posts
Seriously though broadhead debate aside how did you get lung, liver, guts (in that order) on a quartering away shot?
now you're really reaching, haha.... getting a little hung up on semantics don't ya think?

·
Registered
12,061 Posts
I have said 100's of times on here to shoot what you want, fixed or mechanical and never said that you need to or should be shooting Rage. I am not stating opinion when I have seen what they have done 1st hand on 100's of animals. That is FACT! Maybe some on here have had a bad experience with a Rage or different BH but again 99% of the time it is shooter error, NOT THE BH!! And when certain guys continue to come on here because of SHOOTER ERROR and blame the BH I am going to call them out. They need to get over their bad shot and move on and stop blaming Rage or any other BH for their mistake! That is what I am saying. Did I bash Muzzy when I hit they heavy bone of the shoulder and had the arrow fall out after 2" of penetration? NO I blamed myself.

I don't think they understand that crazy things can happen when shooting a deer with archery. Deer are moving, dropping, twisting, turning on impact a lot of the times and ***t happens that can't be explained but again 99% of the time it is the shooter, NOT THE BH!
you have had good luck, others have had bad luck, neither is any more or less factual than the other.... you can say it's shooter error just like they could say your 100's of animals figure is BS. you are trying to act like your opinion has more validity than the next guy's.... it just doesn't. you think you are telling the truth and the opposition isn't.... guess what? haha!

you aren't going to convert anyone by saying the same thing 1000 times, if they weren't convinced the 999th time, saying it again will not change the opinion of someone, i promise. you have had good luck and are confident in them just the same as others who have had bad luck and aren't confident in them.

i bought a few trypans a couple years ago to try to form my own opinion, but i had 2 partially open in my quiver and thought "this is dumb" i gave those to my brother, he killed a bull with them this year, and it ended in a short track job, but it also shed a blade..... my bull i shot this year ended in a very short track job and busted through the offside leg bone on the exit and just needed a little touch up..... why would i change? there is no logical reasoning.... my tiny bit of experience with the most highly touted rage heads wasn't good... not catastrophic by any means, but why would i invite these little issues i saw into my program?

you use them and like them, great, keep using them. my little bit of experience with them was all red flags with no benefits.... i wouldn't say they are junk in my experience, but i would say they are not as reliable as what i'm using.... you have not had bad experiences (at least that you will share) so keep shooting them, nobody is telling you not to, but you also aren't going to change minds

·
Registered
432 Posts
you have had good luck, others have had bad luck, neither is any more or less factual than the other.... you can say it's shooter error just like they could say your 100's of animals figure is BS. you are trying to act like your opinion has more validity than the next guy's.... it just doesn't. you think you are telling the truth and the opposition isn't.... guess what? haha!

you aren't going to convert anyone by saying the same thing 1000 times, if they weren't convinced the 999th time, saying it again will not change the opinion of someone, i promise. you have had good luck and are confident in them just the same as others who have had bad luck and aren't confident in them.

i bought a few trypans a couple years ago to try to form my own opinion, but i had 2 partially open in my quiver and thought "this is dumb" i gave those to my brother, he killed a bull with them this year, and it ended in a short track job, but it also shed a blade..... my bull i shot this year ended in a very short track job and busted through the offside leg bone on the exit and just needed a little touch up..... why would i change? there is no logical reasoning.... my tiny bit of experience with the most highly touted rage heads wasn't good... not catastrophic by any means, but why would i invite these little issues i saw into my program?

you use them and like them, great, keep using them. my little bit of experience with them was all red flags with no benefits.... i wouldn't say they are junk in my experience, but i would say they are not as reliable as what i'm using.... you have not had bad experiences (at least that you will share) so keep shooting them, nobody is telling you not to, but you also aren't going to change minds
I'm curious why you are so worried about what I say then?? And I think comparing me saying that me and a couple friends over 15 years of hunting with Rage have killed 100's of animals without any issues is the same as someone blaming the BH when we all know as a bowhunting community that 99% of the time it is user error and not the BH.

3 guys averaging shooting 3-4 deer a year for 15 years is 135-180 deer. a ton of turkeys. Many pigs, javelina and a few bear. That would be well over 200 animals and probably pushing 300 animals so yeah, 100's of animals. Don't see why that is such a stretch.

Why would I continue to use a head for 15+years if I had issues?

101 - 120 of 157 Posts