Archery Talk Forum banner

121 - 140 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
12,061 Posts
I'm curious why you are so worried about what I say then?? And I think comparing me saying that me and a couple friends over 15 years of hunting with Rage have killed 100's of animals without any issues is the same as someone blaming the BH when we all know as a bowhunting community that 99% of the time it is user error and not the BH.

3 guys averaging shooting 3-4 deer a year for 15 years is 135-180 deer. a ton of turkeys. Many pigs, javelina and a few bear. That would be well over 200 animals and probably pushing 300 animals so yeah, 100's of animals. Don't see why that is such a stretch.

Why would I continue to use a head for 15+years if I had issues?
ok, i'm convinced.... all rage for me from now on, haha 🤣

geez!

·
Registered
320 Posts
🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️
By the description given, the arrow would have to have entered towards the back of the lungs at an angle that would normally hit the opposite shoulder. That means the arrow had to make at minimum a 90 degree turn (while in the animal and not snapping in half) and still have enough energy to exit out the guts. Clearly I must be missing something or I need an anatomy lesson (which is possible) so please enlighten me.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Seriously though broadhead debate aside how did you get lung, liver, guts (in that order) on a quartering away shot?
I’ll humor this I guess. Haha

Deflection. And it don’t need to turn 90 degrees to do it.
Sure as hell don’t need turn a 180 degees and come back at me like some think;) Haha
What’s a quarter away? This one was 25-30 degrees away. Now let’s say arrow enters very back of lung area. Large cut 2 blade Broadhead with blades that “slap” swing open enters horizontally and first blade to hit catches a rib and while that one has resistance the other does not so the tail of arrow starts whipping towards the side of no resistance. By the time that blade encounters resistance the momentum of the tail has taken over and redirected the arrows path so basically turning a quarter away to a quarter to shot and you just barely catch back of a lung then through the liver and exit out through front of guts... Arrow MAYBE needs to turn 30-35 degrees to accomplish that especially when you consider it was a treestand shot and the back top of the near lung is over top liver and is really close if not over the top of guts on a low exit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk th

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Now you're just sounding foolish. BH bounced off and didn't hit bone?

Also, what issue would or should I have??? Or why do I have to have an issue?
Still struggling I see. I said point never touched bone and I thought you would understand just the blade did especially since I made that 100% clear on the post before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
please explain to both of us then how at that angle it hits liver, then lung and then all of a sudden turns around and exits the guts
Crazy!!! I’d love to see that shot!!! Must be a magic arrow... I’m sure it’s not possible you’re quoting my shot cause you only post FACTS! ;)

·
Registered
320 Posts
I’ll humor this I guess. Haha

Deflection. And it don’t need to turn 90 degrees to do it.
Sure as hell don’t need turn a 180 degees and come back at me like some think;) Haha
What’s a quarter away? This one was 25-30 degrees away. Now let’s say arrow enters very back of lung area. Large cut 2 blade Broadhead with blades that “slap” swing open enters horizontally and first blade to hit catches a rib and while that one has resistance the other does not so the tail of arrow starts whipping towards the side of no resistance. By the time that blade encounters resistance the momentum of the tail has taken over and redirected the arrows path so basically turning a quarter away to a quarter to shot and you just barely catch back of a lung then through the liver and exit out through front of guts... Arrow MAYBE needs to turn 30-35 degrees to accomplish that especially when you consider it was a treestand shot and the back top of the near lung is over top liver and is really close if not over the top of guts on a low exit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk th
Fair enough. I guess I was envisioning a sharper angle from back of the lungs to opposite shoulder. Crazy stuff happens!

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
To much reality for sonny. Guessing he’ll wait for the next one to talk about rage and the bromance;)

·
Registered
432 Posts
To much reality for sonny. Guessing he’ll wait for the next one to talk about rage and the bromance;)

And why do you come on EVERY Rage thread??????????? If guys like you wouldn't come every Rage thread then I wouldn't have to come on reply to the threads.

How bout you shoot what you want and I'll shoot what I want.

Answer this - Why did my fixed BH basically bounce off the buck I shot in the shoulder? Because based off what you think it only happens with Rage

·
Vendor
10,767 Posts
Seriously though broadhead debate aside how did you get lung, liver, guts (in that order) on a quartering away shot?
Flapper shooters aim right in front of the rear shoulder. Softest tissue. ;)

·
Registered
9,773 Posts
And why do you come on EVERY Rage thread??????????? If guys like you wouldn't come every Rage thread then I wouldn't have to come on reply to the threads.

How bout you shoot what you want and I'll shoot what I want.

Answer this - Why did my fixed BH basically bounce off the buck I shot in the shoulder? Because based off what you think it only happens with Rage
This made me laugh.

·
Registered
432 Posts
rmscustom -- waiting for your answer

Answer this - Why did my fixed BH basically bounce off the buck I shot in the shoulder?

Because based off what you think it only happens with Rage

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
rmscustom -- waiting for your answer

Answer this - Why did my fixed BH basically bounce off the buck I shot in the shoulder?

Because based off what you think it only happens with Rage
Haha.
I was done here cause I thought it was time but since you’re drawing me back in...
You made a bad shot dead center in the hardest bone on a whitetail with probably a way to light of an arrow while pushing a muzzy which has nothing really special about it other than you can buy 6 of them for the price of two rages.
My rage in that bone literally bounced off and just the blade hit it. You muzzy apparently didn’t bounce off hitting it dead center

·
Registered
432 Posts
Haha.
I was done here cause I thought it was time but since you’re drawing me back in...
You made a bad shot dead center in the hardest bone on a whitetail with probably a way to light of an arrow while pushing a muzzy which has nothing really special about it other than you can buy 6 of them for the price of two rages.
My rage in that bone literally bounced off and just the blade hit it. You muzzy apparently didn’t bounce off hitting it dead center

Couldn't be further from the truth but at least you came up with something. 70lb, 300fps, 475grain arrow.

Yes, I made a bad shot but not sure how you know mine hit dead center of the heavy bone and your's had just the blade hit bone????

But can you see the difference? I blame myself for making a bad shot but you choose to blame the BH on the bad shot you made. Sounds like you come from the school of blaming everybody or everything else but yourself. I teach my kids to except their own failures and not pass blame. Obviously you choose to pass blame.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Couldn't be further from the truth but at least you came up with something. 70lb, 300fps, 475grain arrow.

Yes, I made a bad shot but not sure how you know mine hit dead center of the heavy bone and your's had just the blade hit bone????

But can you see the difference? I blame myself for making a bad shot but you choose to blame the BH on the bad shot you made. Sounds like you come from the school of blaming everybody or everything else but yourself. I teach my kids to except their own failures and not pass blame. Obviously you choose to pass blame.
Look back. Never said I made a good shot. I knew I was hugging it close and missed my mark.
But where I hit that deer any fixed blade made kills that deer. If that junk rage goes in vertically instead of horizontally it kills that deer and don’t forget that I still have the failed head and killed the deer two months later so I ain’t making this crap up.
Yes I didn’t make a good shot for the equipment I was choosing to use. That’s on me. I’ve since learned.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts

And yeah 475 is kinda light pushing that speed and you can’t expect a cheap aluminum ferrule broadhead to stand up to even that amount of energy.
Also tells me you probably really like mechs cause you had tuning issues trying that;)

·
Registered
432 Posts
And yeah 475 is kinda light pushing that speed and you can’t expect a cheap aluminum ferrule broadhead to stand up to even that amount of energy.
Also tells me you probably really like mechs cause you had tuning issues trying that;)

Sorry, but 475 is not light and 40 years of bowhunting and tuning is not an issue but certainly a nice try there Sparky.

But please explain to me what the aluminum ferrule has to do with 2" of penetration and arrow coming right out when there wasn't any damage to the ferrule.

You keep blaming your equipment each time that YOU fail if it makes you feel better.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Sorry, but 475 is not light and 40 years of bowhunting and tuning is not an issue but certainly a nice try there Sparky.

But please explain to me what the aluminum ferrule has to do with 2" of penetration and arrow coming right out when there wasn't any damage to the ferrule.

You keep blaming your equipment each time that YOU fail if it makes you feel better.
Can’t help you out any more Sport.
I’m sure there’s another 180 80lb deer you and your buds can kill without issues;)

121 - 140 of 157 Posts