Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished fletching my first arrow with my new bitz jig. Seems to have come out pretty good...need to work on the amount of glue but my cock vane was not lined up with my nock. I have the receiver set to the 120 mark and had the flat side of the receiver up. Didn't really notice till I was done but the cock vane is perpendicular to the opening of the nock (would be pointing out to the side if I had the arrow nocked on my string). Anyone have any advice?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, I am using the GT press fit nocks in my 55/75,s and realize I can turn them but do not want adjust my nock every time I refletch.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
If your nocks are glued, you need to use a different nock receiver for the Bitz that will give you the orientation you want. The standard one is the old orientation that would be used with fingers on a more traditional bow and rest. If your nocks can be rotated like most, there is no need to change the nock receiver. If you do need one, they are about $15 through Lancaster.

·
Registered
6,647 Posts
Exactly what the others have already suggested. You didn't do anything wrong, that's the way it will come off the jig unless you buy a different nock receiver. Most of us don't sweat it though and just turn the nock when we're finished fletching :). I suppose if you were concerned about keeping your fletch oriented the same everytime you fletched you could put a small dot indicating the current nock position before aligning to the cock vane. Then after stripping the old fletching off just rotate the nock to its pre-aligned position, fletch and then turn back so its aligned once again after completing.

>>------>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts