Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
HHA products SUCK
14,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vanquish gets the initial thumbs up from Karbon.

I only had 10-20 shots at lunch so not a real test...but I like it so far.

It seems to be a very “Kevin like” bow, and I mean that in the best way. Slightly stiffer draw (than some other mfgs), but I like that since there is usually no hump/rollover with them.
Over all smooth start to finish. A little “stack” at the end of the draw before the transition into the valley (NOT as noticeable like a Hoyt 2009/2010). More of a slight build if that makes sense. Smoothness like a Rev cam IMO, with similar stiffness. It might be a touch smoother…I wish I still had one here to compare. The valley is Rev cam like too. Not huge, but not to short.

I think the 09' Z28 might be a touch smoother...I think. It has been a few months since I have had one. Not a huge amount but smoother, but maybe some. I will see for sure this weekend. A friend with one of my old 2009 z28’s plans to come over for some side by side testing. For me, I would accept the little loss for the speed any day of the week. Nothing like a Bowtech rollover or even the Hoyt. Harsh will never be used with this cam. There are no abrupt or radical changes in the draw cycle. I LIKE IT.

FAST! I was shocked at how fast it seemed, even vs. the Axe. I have no chrono now…long story. Speeds from Greg and Kevin (peep and loop with a 325grain arrow was 306.6fps)27.5 inch 65#'s.

Little to no noise, but I was shooting in my basement so it is not very fair. All I heard was my Limbdriver and the arrow on my block. I'll test outside tomorrow.

It is dead in my hand. Like a Center Pivot bow. I love that. Open grip and it just has NO MOVEMENT!

With out a stab and sight, it has a hint of a bottom kick, but I see that with most short ata bows...like some others have said. It could have been from my quick shooting and incorrect posture/form (RUSHED SHOTS)Then again, I never shoot without a stab and sight. Therefore, who gives a crap.

I tried a Doinker, B-stinger, and Fatmax Posten. No kick NO VIBRATION

Cams are beautiful. Even better in person than on the net.
Limb pockets are sweet, as are the limbs. I love the look. Great finish and design look.

THE Grip is a nice change. Way better for me than the Elite angle. Very comfortable. I will have to test more to see how repeatable I am with it.

SHELF IS NICE AND WIDE. LD falls flat and perfect.

Bow over all is the coolest looking bow (all in all) I've had. I hope with more shooting it will also be the best shooting bow I have had as well.

Sorry for the brief review. I will post more when I actually test it.
I cannot resize my pics here, I will later tonight.

I love the camo riser, black limb look!

·
The Godfather
7,295 Posts
I was wondering when you were going to post up.........now get some shooting in so we can hear about grouping and other cool stuff

·
Trollinus Maximus.
33,301 Posts
how does it compare to teh GTO if you ever shot one?

·
HHA products SUCK
14,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have had 2-3 GTO's.
I never really liked the GTO much.
These cams are smoother.
Smoother than my fire too. I loved the Fire.

I need to get out with it...damn work. I was rushed with the shots and words I even put up here.

·
The Godfather
7,295 Posts
I need to get out with it...damn work. I was rushed with the shots and words I even put up here.

Ok we'll forgive you this time

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
I saw your picks of the camo riser with black limbs... it looked awesome. I ordered the same design for my Inspire if it ever comes :sad:

·
Breathn
12,519 Posts
ttt

definitly post pics buddy...

·
300 or bust
13,140 Posts
if you had to keep only one

Axe or Vanquish?

·
HHA products SUCK
14,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thinking here at work...
Part of my stiffness coments maybe due to the #age difference. I felt weak after seeing all the SA pics with Kevin's giant arms, and I opted for 65# limbs. Not sure if that is playing any part in my quick evaluation.

I'll shoot more at 60# and see if I notice a difference.

Make no mistakes, this is fantastic drawing and even better shooting bow. I think it might be more vibe free than my last Admiral and Z28s. It may also be more silent.

I'll post up more after my testing. :wink:
I'm an R&D chemist so I have to really test a product before giving a real opinion...it's in my nature.TEST TEST TEST TEST

Big thanks to #2 who build and tuned this bow. NICE JOB!

·
HHA products SUCK
14,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Also huge thanks to UPSERMAN. The guy actually re-directed UPS to get my bow to me FASTER!
WOW, very cool.

Thanks Bob!!!

·
Registered
8,185 Posts
Also huge thanks to UPSERMAN. The guy actually re-directed UPS to get my bow to me FASTER!
WOW, very cool.

Thanks Bob!!!
Now that's service...gotta love gettin hooked up by an AT connection!
Bow looks sweet Karbon, can't wait to hear your thoughts when you get some serious time to put her through the paces.

·
Retired GI "still serv'n"
13,960 Posts
Nice bow but, you gotta get some better pics up of that bad bow. :wink:

One of the first camo versions out on the streets and YOU have it, get that bow in front of a plain background and do a photoshoot bro. :darkbeer:

·
Registered
965 Posts
that bow looks sick! I want the longer ATA bow in that finish right there....

maybe I can have hamburgers and hotdogs at my wedding and use the catering money saved for a new Strother!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts