Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, first time on this site, not sure what to do! I am here because I love archery. I have been shooting for 7 years now but have hunted most of my life. The only thing I have killed so far with my bow is a rabbit and a coyote, but I feel that I am accurate enough now to take an elk or a moose. I have two bows, a Hoyt ultratec and my hunting bow is a bowtech patriot dually. my question is, do I have enough killing energy for the bigger game or should I stick to deer? My arrow with broadhead weighs 350 grains and the chrono shows a speed of 260 ft/sec. I only have a 26inch draw and that is all the speed I can get out of the 60 pound bow. If it is enough energy, what is the max distance that I should shoot? appreiciate any advice from you experts, deerhunterdad:jeez:

·
Registered
956 Posts
Welcom to Archery Talk.

Try posting this in the General or Bowhunter forum, you will get a reponse.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Shoot a small 3 blade like a wasp or shoot a cut on contact like a stinger and you will do just fine

·
Registered
9 Posts
Kinetic Energy

The KE for your bow at 260 ft/sec with a 350 gr wt is 52.6. You need to find out what type of KE is needed for Elk. Probably 60 but don't know for sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts