Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a new pair of pants. I prefer a tan color as opposed to a camo pattern. Does anybody have experience with any of these? I like the idea of the knee pads in the mountain pant but like the price of the corrugate pants. Does anybody know the difference between the mountain and grinder pant?

Thanks for your time

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I'm in the market for a new pair of pants. I prefer a tan color as opposed to a camo pattern. Does anybody have experience with any of these? I like the idea of the knee pads in the mountain pant but like the price of the corrugate pants. Does anybody know the difference between the mountain and grinder pant?

Thanks for your time
I do not own the 2 sitka pants referenced but own the currugate and love them. I have been less than impressed with Sitka in the pieces I do own and much prefer FL in most scenarios

·
Registered
549 Posts
I have like 8 of the corrugates guide pants. I do not any of the mountain pants, but I do have one pair of the Sitka grinder pants. I love the corrugates, wear them everyday! I got the grinders to try, I hate the pockets and the fit is kinda weird on me, I will not get anymore of them.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the Corrugate and the grinder pants. I'm not big fan of Sitka's tampered fit. First lite is the best in my opinion.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everybody. Sounds like the corrugates are the way to go. Quite a bit cheaper too.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
I have experience with a lot of these pants and the Corrugates are really nice. Incredibly tough. I’ve taken them through all sorts of briars and no tears. A little bit of pilling but that’s about it. I’d also highly recommend the Prana Zions. They’re very similar to the Corrugates, maybe the tiniest bit thinner. I haven’t put them through the paces yet to speak to durability but so far so good. They’re like half the price of even the Corrugates and I honestly think they’ll be my go to for a long time based on the fact they seem awesome for the money.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Sitka gets the nod for me. Mountain pants all the way, the knee pads are a great feature but I've never used them. Have a several pairs laying around. They are in my opinion the most durable out of the ones you've suggested but you're gonna pay for it. Is it worth the extra coin for what I feel makes them slightly better? Probably not. It's just what I run. You'll be happy with any higher end gear I'm sure. I think the grinder pants are designed for waterfowl????

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Do yourself a favor and look at the Eddie Bauer hiking pants at Costco or the wrangler hiking pants. Unless you want to drink the kool aid and think you need to buy 175 dollar pants.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I have both the corrugates and the sitka mountain pants. Of the two I like the corrugate guides better. Out of all my lighter weight hunting pants I use my tan Eddie Bauer guide pro pants that cost me $40. I've dragged them through some nasty stuff and basically tried to destroy them. Other than minor fabric snags from thorns (which has happened to both the corrugate guides and the sitka mountain pants) they're perfectly fine, cosmetics aside. They will do everything you need a solid color pair of pants to do in the woods.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Do yourself a favor and look at the Eddie Bauer hiking pants at Costco or the wrangler hiking pants. Unless you want to drink the kool aid and think you need to buy 175 dollar pants.
Yep. I own the EB Guide Pants, the Wrangler Outdoor pants, and the FL corrugates. The EB pants are the lightest (probably the most comfortable), the Wrangler material is similar to the First Lite but the zippers are worse (but they only cost $21), and the FL fits the best for me. If I were buying solid colors, I would opt for two pairs of the Wrangler ($21) and two pair of the EB ($48 on sale at Amazon frequently) versus one pair of FL ($150). Also, the Wrangler has an awesome tan/mushroom color that blends in nicely.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I have a pair of obsidians I haven’t worn in 2 years. I prefer my old green Eddie Bauer that I bought from Costco for 14.99.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Never tried the Eddie bauer but I do own several pairs of the sitka mountain pants and also several pairs of the prana zions that a member posted about earlier on this thread. If we are talking about brands the OP didn't ask about than my choice would be prana zions through Sept and sitka mt pants from there on out. Cant beat a pair of pranas. Made for rock climbers. Literally designed to hold shape but stretch where they need to and be durable enough to scrape off rocks all day!!!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Look at Prana Zions and Khuls. Those Zions are about $40 and Khul renegades can be had for cheap on ebay.
But I do like Sitka.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Not exactly what you're looking at, but have you looked at KUIU? They have some solids in the outlet right now, and the Pro pant has knee pads. Excellent quality stuff. I own a lot of KUIU and SITKA and in my opinion the KUIU is slightly better quality gear.

·
Registered
364 Posts
"I own a lot of KUIU and SITKA and in my opinion the KUIU is slightly better quality gear."

I beg to differ haha. I see it opposite. We could argue the symantec's on that all day. Both good quality stuff that at the end of the day, does the same thing. Seen sitka outperform kuiu many times. Not enough to make it worth the extra cost though. For retail price, kuiu all day long but if I was paying retail I'd run First Lite over Kuiu for personal reasons as well.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have experience with a lot of these pants and the Corrugates are really nice. Incredibly tough. I’ve taken them through all sorts of briars and no tears. A little bit of pilling but that’s about it. I’d also highly recommend the Prana Zions. They’re very similar to the Corrugates, maybe the tiniest bit thinner. I haven’t put them through the paces yet to speak to durability but so far so good. They’re like half the price of even the Corrugates and I honestly think they’ll be my go to for a long time based on the fact they seem awesome for the money.
How much more stretch is there to the corrugates than the zions? Looks pretty significant in videos, I like the zions but the stretch is pretty minimal and not a fan of the pockets.

Anyone ever had kneepad sleeves sewn into the corrugates?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts