Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
can I shoot it?
17,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love all the technical clothing out there. Sitka, First Lite, Kuiu, everything, but I think First Lite is releasing some very solid products this year that offer both the western hunter the eastern hunter something extremely useful. I really like the versatility of the Fusion pattern and think their market share will continue to grow. I know they are taking a gamble with the new direct to consumer marketing approach but I am very hopeful that it turns out well for them.

I think hanging with these guys having a cold Coors in Idaho after work talking gear and hunting would be AWESOME!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Ok not hating on them just wondering do they make gear for the warm weather hunting most guys in the south would face.

Looking too upgrade my camo choices for next season, old acu still works great but wanting something different.

Here alot of talk about first light gear but unsure if their product line is the right choice for southern warm weather.

·
can I shoot it?
17,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok not hating on them just wondering do they make gear for the warm weather hunting most guys in the south would face.

Looking too upgrade my camo choices for next season, old acu still works great but wanting something different.

Here alot of talk about first light gear but unsure if their product line is the right choice for southern warm weather.
They make some excellent gear for warm weather treestand hunting!!!
They have the new quiet softshell system, the new fleece system. For when it is very hot the new guide pant and jacket. Check out all their videos on YouTube and the reviews there. They make products that are every bit the equal of Sitka and Kuiu.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
They make some excellent gear for warm weather treestand hunting!!!
They have the new quiet softshell system, the new fleece system. For when it is very hot the new guide pant and jacket. Check out all their videos on YouTube and the reviews there. They make products that are every bit the equal of Sitka and Kuiu.
Thank you for the info, will be checking out their line up, it's between them and scentlok on what company's gear I will be useing next season.

The head of my hunting funds department gave me the black check for next season gear so I'm on the hunt for good gear that will last a few years.

Nothing wrong with my old acu gear just its getting old and been patched a few times now so it's upgrade time.

Again thank you for the info, sorry I highjacked your thread.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I’ve been buying multiple pieces of FL within the last couple of months and I have been very impressed with the quality. I think my next purchase will be the catalyst pants to accompany the Woodbury jacket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
The other day I was inquiring with FL customer service about an item on their website. While chatting with the representative I asked if the would be releasing a mid-season whitetail type bib similar to a Sitka Stratus weight. The rep said he didn’t know what the stratus even was. Maybe he was playing dumb? Either way, he did say the catalyst pant/bib would be their comparable new release.

·
Slangin Arra's
1,243 Posts
They dropped ASAT and a ton of us couldn't be more pissed off about it.

·
can I shoot it?
17,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They dropped ASAT a couple of years ago now. Makes sense to. ASAT is a good pattern but so is fusion. I would argue even more effective, but I don't think there has been any side by side tests on those two specifically yet. The thing is why pay ASAT royalties when you have something just as effective and cost you less.

·
Slangin Arra's
1,243 Posts
They literally just stopped selling ASAT after this season as I bought some that I was waiting on to be released in my size at the beginning of last year.

·
Slangin Arra's
1,243 Posts
I also just had a vest in 2xl ASAT delivered last night. lol

·
Registered
8,409 Posts
I like everything FL I have, probably a dozen pieces. What drives me nuts is trying to order normal guy size stuff, they’re nearly always sold out.

·
can I shoot it?
17,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They had some left over stock but they stopped producing ASAT pattern a while back. I have had several conversations over the phone with them to include what patterns they producing and why.

·
Slangin Arra's
1,243 Posts
they must have had a ton of inventory left over because it was always sold out at the end of the last few seasons and then miraculously always replenished by spring. lol

oh well, ill buy more one day. they have 1000's of my dollars. love their gear. im stocked on asat for now.

·
Registered
885 Posts
I didn’t see the new stuff in their site. They have some new soft shell stuff right?
Yup. Off the top of my head they also put out a hooded version of the Halstead grid fleece, and a more insulated version of that piece, both of which should be solid. Additions to the lineup. They also introduced a new merino blend with some elasticity to it. Not sure how that will perform but they seem to do their homework.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I’m a Sitka guy but it’s seems after seeing the new Sitka and first lite stuff, first lite won the new release by a landslide!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts