Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOW

good morning all, the past weekend i set up an icon for indoor shooting, 50lbs 25inch draw. i have always shot the ultra 2 or ultramax series bows and this is a long bow for me! i decided to go the nines and got some BIG shafts, 4 inch fletch, heavy front weight, cut the arrows long, at full draw the look like my stabilizer!! they sailed thru the air at a whopping 180 fps! my friend and i were laughing but also knew this was going to be the ticket.

at first, drawing the bow back it felt funny, well different from the minimax cam, but i shot it about 50 times to get the peep right and all the stuff that you do to sight in a new bow. left with a great feeling sunday night about the icon

shot my first 2 rounds for the year and had a 299 27x and a 300 25x! i love this icon! i only wish i had wised up and shot it last year in vegas instead of the ultra2! what a bow sometimes i felt like i had a cant to the bow and the spot was not in the center but the arrow landed in the center!

it was a beautiful thing! now i am very excited for the indoor games to get going!

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
You go girl!!!!!!!!! Watch out Vegas....here she comes:D :D :D

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Congrats on the new setup! Thats some good shooting!

We do some business down in Greensboro at Flextronics Enclosures. Made one trip. It was pretty nice. Ate at a little tiny BBQ joint and the name escapes me right now. Great food, but the sweet tea was damn sweet! Us yankees don't drink it that way. About puckered my face right up!

Bo

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bo hunter next time your in town bring your weapon!

the bbq place, does stamelys ring a bell?

3dmama, its on!

·
74,535 Posts
Battle of Icons.

I have begun to like mine, Kward. Dean Pridgon told me to stick with this bow and I will find its a good forgiving bow. Not the fastest bow but little different from hard wall bows.

Im looking forward to indoor season this fall with my Icon.

Hope to see sometime this fall.

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Kward,
It was a little tiny little dive called Holdens. I had to ask around to find the name. Don't know if its good or not by SC standards, but I thought the food was pretty good.

Bo

R

·
0 Posts
Bout time you listened to me! Wait! Wait! Everything you have done was a copy of the Hood..

How's it feel to copy the The Hood? Ms Shooter of the Year?

Hood

·
Registered
385 Posts
now wait just a minute kward!!!!!!!!! a friend set your bow up.........what kind of friend is this???????

good shooting!!!!!!! but you have to get by me before going to vagas........

what's up one bow tie!!!!!!! i don't see any reply's to this thread... did she beat you that bad???????

i got one of these computer things at home now, watch out.....

D

·
0 Posts
KWARDEN...

...now to go along with that NEW MATHEWS ICON...I think a DEEREAMAX EDITION CREW CAB is in order:cool: ...

...for a SHOOTER that good...

...and a BOW that nice...

...the proper TRUCK to travel to the shoots is definately something you should consider:cool: ...

...your the BEST...the BOWS the BEST...

...drive the BEST:cool: ...

...and besides that...when we send the kids home with you after one or two shoots next year...they'll have plenty of room...and so will the gear!!:D ...hehe...

...I'm thinking like FOGGDOGGY...the NFAA should make the check out now!!:cool: ...

...RANGEPLAYER...now thats the real test of the K-WAR-D ICON!!...can it beat OB-JUAN??:p ...maybe by this time next week we'll have an answer!!...he's just got (or will soon get)a NEW BARNSDALE "OBT EDITION" that I bet he wants to put to the test!!:cool: ...and the "indoor season" is right around the corner...

...so testing should begin!!...

...welcome back to the action RANGEPLAYER!!...

>>>---DD--->;)

·
Registered
134 Posts
KWARD

I shot an Ultra Max for 5 years, it was the only bow I had. March of this year I bought an Icon. I know what you mean when you say it feels different. I find my Icon to be extremely accurate and very forgiving as long as I shoot it against the wall. If I creep or give in to the shot, the bow tells on me. If I keep form, and wait for the shot, against the wall, the X is dead.

Good luck, you're gonna love it!

contractpelot :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts