Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my first safari in 2 weeks I was wondering if my goldtip xt will be good enough? I really cant afford new arrows right now but if i am going to stick out like a sore thumb I will buy new arrows. Also they have blazers on them.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
i dont really know what to tell you if you cant afford arrows but are going on safari?
i think it would be a first on the list before getting a safari- if it was me anyway

·
Registered
6,935 Posts
i dont really know what to tell you if you cant afford arrows but are going on safari?
i think it would be a first on the list before getting a safari- if it was me anyway

My thoughts exactly. You can't afford 75.00-100.00 for new arrows? Which is one of the most important things on your "short list" that you need for a African Safari hunt. Your arrow choice is every bit important as your BH choice on any hunting trip

But yet you can afford to spend thousands for a Safari hunt. That is a head scratching statement right there IMHO

·
Registered
6,935 Posts
sorry guys for the confusion I mean safari spot shoot.

Then please accept my appology for what I said then. I have never heard of a Safari spot shoot, and as a result figured you were refering to a Safari hunt

·
Registered
8,071 Posts

·
WapitiBob
6,935 Posts
rubber Deer w/ orange dots, market yardage, AKA: Redding, Fresno, Eugene,....

Cibert, Nobody looks at, or comments on, your equipment at a tournament and everybody is very helpful. Your arrows will be fine. Check on the target distances so you'll have marks. Generally there are a cpl short ones, 3-5 yards and a long one at or near 100.

What you shoot only matters on AT.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
As long as you are accurate with them and feel comfortable and confident with them, then you should be good to go.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts