2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys.

Rules:

1) 10 Yards.
2) Fist size target (of your choosing).
3) Hold anchor 15 seconds.
4) Have fun!

Scenario: Buck comes in close, very close. You pull anchor for the shot. Problem is the buck notices your presence and moves. Leaving you with a very hard angle to take a ethical shot. Scared to let anchor down since the buck is a little on edge. You hold and wait for the angle to come back.

·
Banned
14,021 Posts
i like your music taste lol

this shot call is very very very very realistic scenario and more realistic than others we all have done to be honest

great shot call, wish i didnt have to work :(

and by the way this one is going to be a challenge with the 65# hoyt i have :RockOn::RockOn:

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i like your music taste lol

this shot call is very very very very realistic scenario and more realistic than others we all have done to be honest

great shot call, wish i didnt have to work :(

and by the way this one is going to be a challenge with the 65# hoyt i have :RockOn::RockOn:

lol, Thanks.

This goes for everyone. I know some of you guys pull some heavy weights. Know your limits. No shame if you need to let loose early. Better to not hurt yourself. These are just made to have fun, so be safe guys :)

·
Banned
14,021 Posts
i live for challenges! im used to holding my 83# hoyt rampage i had last year for a minuet, i think its harder to hold a compound than a recurve because the compound puts so much stress on your elbows and rotater cuff

·
Registered
530 Posts
i live for challenges! im used to holding my 83# hoyt rampage i had last year for a minuet, i think its harder to hold a compound than a recurve because the compound puts so much stress on your elbows and rotater cuff
Please explain.

·
Banned
14,021 Posts
Please explain.
We'll for one the way you hold up a compound bow is a little different that a recurve, and it hurt my shoulders more and Elbow, it's one of the reasons why I went to shooting a recurve, I can't hold a compound up for very long anymore, even the light weight bows

I may be different but when I hold a recurve at the target it's a breeze,

·
Banned
14,021 Posts
And plus you use your body more when using a recurve, a compound is mostly used with the trigger arm and all the holding weight is pouncing on the rotater and elbow as in where shooting a recurve it's a more fluent shot

·
Registered
530 Posts
We'll for one the way you hold up a compound bow is a little different that a recurve, and it hurt my shoulders more and Elbow, it's one of the reasons why I went to shooting a recurve, I can't hold a compound up for very long anymore, even the light weight bows
This is the first time that I have heard this.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Here is my first shot. Yes the kids are starting to get to me. They just love coming out to play as soon as I pick up a bow.

·
Banned
14,021 Posts
This is the first time that I have heard this.
everyone is different but the way i held it put alot of pressure on my back, Rotater cuff, i still can shoot but i find the recurve and longbow much funner, addicting, rewarding, and easier on my body

·
Registered
392 Posts
I don't know about it being a more realistic scenario. I am regularly attacked by toilet paper rolls and pinecones. :)

I tend to be a very slow shooter (I go through my whole mental checklist item by item before each shot - slowly), so 15 seconds isn't too long for me. But, I also have a light weight target bow. 36#. I'll try it with my 45# Ben Pearson when I next get to the range.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Knowing when to draw is pretty important. An uncofortable buck may not make a move for way longer than 15 seconds especially if mature. Seems more like a compound hunting technique.

Nice excersise and shooting.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Knowing when to draw is pretty important. An uncofortable buck may not make a move for way longer than 15 seconds especially if mature. Seems more like a compound hunting technique.

Nice excersise and shooting.

Thanks, I understand. These are mostly just for fun and get some practice. It's all a "fantasy" scenario, Could it happen? Sure. Will it ever happen? *shrugs* :p

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Thanks, I understand. These are mostly just for fun and get some practice. It's all a "fantasy" scenario, Could it happen? Sure. Will it ever happen? *shrugs* :p
I hear you, practice for all possible scenarios is the way to go! Now that I opened my mouth it will happen to me this year. You never know that is what is awesome about hunting - never the same.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
UtahIdahoHunter: Great shot! I don't know about you, but I was getting a little tired last couple of seconds :D

Ghostgoblin22: I actually have a friend that shoots a compound. Its a 70# @28" Bear Mauler I think. I shot it a few times. For me it was very easy to hold once I got to the "let off" part. I was stupid accurate with it, could literally hit quarter size target consistently at 15-20 yards. It was weird trying to shoot with his release and pins at first, but once I got it down was actually a lot of fun! My friend tried shooting my Imperial, but in all fairness my glove doesn't fit him well, he has larger hands. But after 15 shots he was spent, couldn't pull to anchor anymore lol.

I do agree with you that everyone is build differently. For you trad bows may be easier to use than your compound. Just different muscles being used.

Zurf: " I am regularly attacked by toilet paper rolls and pinecones" lol, that made me laugh. Lookign forward to it, gl! :)

·
Banned
14,021 Posts
well i did tear my rotater cuff once in baseball and injured my elbow in a golf tournament pretty badly, so maybe thats why a compound isnt for me

1 - 20 of 56 Posts