Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just joined and indoor target league and had our first shoot last night. Im using my hunting rig and am looking at putting together some fat arrows for league. I shot a 415 out of 450 which I think was pretty good for my first time out but couldn’t help but notice several close calls that would have scored higher with thicker arrows.
My set up is halon 32 set at 65 lbs 28.5 draw. I’m shooting carbon express mayhem 340s (my hunting arrows).
I’ve done some research but it’s a bit overwhelming with all the different variables. Carbon vs aluminum; point weight; what size fletching etc.
I was hoping based on my setup some of the veterans of this group could point me in the right direction for what components I should be putting together.
Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
916 Posts
Here is one option......Gold Tip X Cutters and Triple Xs are very popular. Keep the point weight reasonable and either one can double for 3D arrows as well.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I Personally shoot x cutters with 200 grains in the front for indoor and shoot great with them when I do my part. A couple guys at my range shoot Easton x7 eclipses and shoot better than me. I’d say you will be good with about any arrow

1 - 3 of 3 Posts