Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is the first time at nelsonville. what should i expect as far as the terrain and courses? thanks

shawn

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
All Depends

It all depends on what courses you will be on. You will most likely get at least 20 targets that are set in hilly terrain where you will be shooting across the hills, down the hills, across ravines and shots of that sort. The woods are mature woods so the shooting lanes are wide open. You could also be on the courses that are laid out in the bean fields which will mean you will be shooting at least 20 targets all in the field. If you go planning on shooting a little bit of everything you will get what you expected. Good luck.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
If you shoot the courses in the bean fields in the river bottoms I warn you that early in the morning the sun will be shining in your eyes and the targets are set back in the woods and their almost invisible, I would shoot those later in the day and then you could at least see what your shooting at. just my 2cents.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Bring your hiking boots LOL!!! Also, carry water with you (some people don't) It is usually humid there making the shoot just plain misery.

As far as the courses are concern, expect light into dark shots and "tunnel vision" shots. Good luck!

Samantha

1 - 4 of 4 Posts