Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I've been playing with the experience and finally got it to shoot bullets with fletched arrows and my broadheads and field points are hitting the same out to 20yds right now. Need to check further but didn't have time.

Fired a few bare shafts and they.are hitting right with the nock pointing to the left. Up and down Is good

Here is a pic. The arrow on the left is a broad head I didn't want to fire it at the same circle I would have ruined an arrow. The middle is a field point and the right arrow is the reason I'm marking this thread. Any thoughts? Is it hand torque or something.

Attachments

·
Registered
812 Posts
You're draw length can be a bit too long, you could be putting more pressure on your grip on the thumb side, or you need to add a twist in the left yoke and take a twist out of the right yoke.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Which bow ? Elite or BT ?

·
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's the bowtech. I don't think the draw is too long. If anything maybe a tad short. Won't messing with the yolks ruin the bullet holes I'm.getting on paper. I guess it.doesn't matter?

·
Bears Den Precision
3,634 Posts
It's the bowtech. I don't think the draw is too long. If anything maybe a tad short. Won't messing with the yolks ruin the bullet holes I'm.getting on paper. I guess it.doesn't matter?
Just because you have a bullet hole thru paper doesn't ness. mean your bow is tuned. Now, before you get excited, try taking 3 bareshaft arrows and shooting them with 3 field tipped arrows( fletched) Just by shooting 1 arrow you cannot get a accurate measurement of differences. Could be form, could be you need a twist or two in a yoke leg ( which won't mess with paper tune hardly at all) Just a matter of trial and error in tuning to perfection.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Just because you have a bullet hole thru paper doesn't ness. mean your bow is tuned. Now, before you get excited, try taking 3 bareshaft arrows and shooting them with 3 field tipped arrows( fletched) Just by shooting 1 arrow you cannot get a accurate measurement of differences. Could be form, could be you need a twist or two in a yoke leg ( which won't mess with paper tune hardly at all) Just a matter of trial and error in tuning to perfection.
Yes wolbear is 100% correct here. Shoot more than one bare shaft and do it multiple times. Don't make changes unless the problem can be repeated consistently time after time.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
If Wallback tune is good
Cams are straight
Broadhead hits with field point
But the bare shaft hits to the right that is an indication that the draw lenght is too long

·
Registered
637 Posts
I just went thru this, I did NnB's Modified French tune 1st, as I did that the method wanted me to jack my rest way out of centershot, so I twisted up the Yoke's and tried again got better, twisted some more and got better, kept going until I went too far then backed off!
When I had both the 1yd shot and 20yd shot both hitting the same vertical plane I called it quits for the day! And was quite happy!
The next day I did the bare shaft tune and shafted an arrow on the 1st try with my bare shaft!
So try the Modified French tune, take your time, get it dead on, not close but dead on esp if 20 yds is the max distance you have to do this like myself!

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
If you can shoot a bare shaft exactly with the fletched, it is tuned. Center shot cannot be off and shoot a bare shaft with the same poi as the fletched arrow.

·
Registered
9,789 Posts
Throw away the paper and put a half twist in the left yoke legs and take a half twist out of the right legs . Your bow isn't tuned if bare shafts don't hit with and inline with fletched. Your arrow will cycle [flex] when leaving the bow and cause a slight tear at close range.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Try papertuning your bareshaft.
I gaurantee your fletched arrows will produce the same bullet hole after you bareshaft through paper.set your center too factory recommended specs and go from there.

·
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I did shoot more than one. 5 to be exact and they all ended up like this one in the pic. I'll try twisting up the yolk legs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts